Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 11:57 PM

Default sketchy QQ live hand

.5/1 live game
I bought in for 10$ and hustled my way up to about 350.
villian is to my right
hes lost about 200 already tonight and just bought in for another 300.

at this point he is raising just about any pot and making huge post flop bets trying to scare people out of little pots so he can slowly win back his money.

he makes a raise to about 10$ or so UTG which means about any two cards

I pick up QQ and make it 30 to go. Folds around to someone near button who pushes for about 60 total. folds back to original villian who stands up and gets really angry. he looks over at other villian who went all in and is like 'why are you doing this to me? i just wanted to play this hand.' then he says 'i have 6-7 suited hearts. i have to play this. then he cold calls for about 50 more.'

at this point i get really suspicious. i know he is on tilt and i wouldn't doubt that he would make that play with 6-7 but WHY WOULD HE SAY HIS CARDS?

prior to his ultra-tilt he was a very solid player and he knows whats good about suited connectors is that when you hit you get paid off so there is no reason to say what he has cuz if he did hit then i wouldnt pay him off.

so i become skeptical and think that this is all some elaborate trap and that he actually has a solid hand - perhaps aa, kk, or ak...I decide to call for the 30 more getting about 5:1 on my money in hopes for a non Ace or King flop to come so I can get all my money in (and perhaps lose to him if he does have aa or kk - good play on his part).

Flop comes K 4 2 rainbow and he checks to me. I almost immediately put in 50$ (without thinking). He sits back and thinks for a couple seconds and pushes for about 150ish more. I decide that he really is on an crazy elaborate trappish play and fold reluctantly.

he flips over 6-7 for seven high and other opponent shows aa. aa wins.