Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 02:06 AM

Default 1/2 Stud 8/b - Aces-up on 4th to jammer

Calldown ok rest of way, anyone muck with no reads?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.50 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (1.75 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes___raises

4th Street - (8.25 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls

5th Street - (8.13 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (10.13 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

River - (12.13 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

Total pot: (14.13 BB)
Old 09-23-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: 1/2 Stud 8/b - Aces-up on 4th to jammer

[ QUOTE ]
Calldown ok rest of way, anyone muck with no reads?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.50 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (1.75 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes___raises

4th Street - (8.25 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___XXXXX
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the part where I believe he in fact is either rolled or hit trips. I'd probably call him down though if I have not seen him play at all on the odd chance he's a completely goof ball but I think you are drawing to a boat 80-90% of the time here.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:22 AM

Smells like he is rolled, but I call him down w/o a read.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:27 AM

from 4th i'd call down unless he hits another K or 8
Old 09-23-2005, 11:39 AM

Result:

He showed Kings-up (Ks and Ts) and I took it down with Aces-up. He had split 8s on 3rd (a tad aggressive) then made split Kings-up on 4th...oops for him. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2005, 11:45 PM

People don't respect an ace raising as they should - what hand would reraise an ace - it's usually an aggro player with a big pair who's seen you raise with ace up lows and since you've been showing down mostly lows recently, he assumes this is what you have - even lags don't reraise aces with 8 lows usually without a strong draw such as suited babies or connectors with two suited cards-maniacs with 8d(7dKh) - no prob. If he had 888 wouldn't he just call? Why would he want to shut out the others on 3rd- especially with the low trips that are so easy to trap with- I personally would just call here with 888 unless my image was perceived to be wild-then i definitely would reraise here with the trips or in a very loose game where you'll get small pairs/small kickers calling multiple bets on 3rd-duh!

Anyway on 4th when you both brick, an aggro player may raise you with let's say (75)8K, thinking you're representing aces - so he'll represent a stronger high hand and see if he can outplay what he hopes is just a busted ace low bluffing. The other possibility is he did hit trips - kings in the hole would be reasonable given the betting. I just wouldn't buy 888.. So i'd be concerned i was beat by trip kings, but i couldn't now for sure since his betting on 3rd and 4th places him in my mind as an aggro player - given this he could easily be raising with just a a pair of queens in the hole believing you were bluffing and not wanting to give your ace kicker a free card to beat him, so i'd call him down with aces up- but if this were multiway -i'd fold on 5th if the action was heated .. one must not get married to aces up( i do of course - but i'm looking for a divorce) - they're more easily beaten in a loose game where so many people play any pair and with another low draw it makes your hand even weaker given the uncertainty of trips, the likliehood of a split pot, and the possibility of being outdrawn for high by a low str8.