Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 09:44 PM

Default I need some words of wisdom from the 2+2\'ers

I'm coming to the realization that playing 22's without rake back is plain stupid.... I started in January on Pokerroom and over about 500~600 SnG's (11's and 5+.50's). I have worked my BR up to ~1500 and have started playing 22's (only played 24 of them so who knows if I'm a winning player at them yet). Anyway, my point of this post is, Pokerroom HAS NO RAKEBACK [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]...and I can see how much money im giving away with a 2 dollar rake. I was wanting to move to full tilt or party or one of its skins. My question is, what is your guys experiences with full tilt, and how hard is it to adjust from 1500 starting chips with pokerroom, to 800 on party? What is the best way to do this?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Re: I need some words of wisdom from the 2+2\'ers

I play exclusivley on Poker Room because I use a Mac and well, that's how that goes. The rake hurts me alot too, but I don't really have a choice, so I stick around. If you have a choice, I'd make the move.

I know the question was specifically about changing strategy for different sites, but I still thought giving you encouragement to make the change was needed.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:49 PM

I believe pokerrrom does have (or atleast used to have) rakeback.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know the question was specifically about changing strategy for different sites, but I still thought giving you encouragement to make the change was needed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks man I need all the encouragement I can get. It's hard leaving a profitable situation to go into the "unknown." I'm just concerned about experiencing unwanted "newbie variance" going to a new site.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe pokerrrom does have (or atleast used to have) rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pokerroom has a skin (betonbet, not a deticated poker website, more like a bet on whatever you want website with poker on the side), that has 30% rakeback. I'm looking at it as an option but I'm looking for the best option...