Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2004, 12:50 AM

Default Any way to better protect this 2 pair hand??

I like my flop bet here. I'm thinking maybe I should have called the raise on the flop and checkraised the turn to knock some wankers out. What do you guys think? Also, the preflop call is ok in a 5 handed pot right?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (11 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (14 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 16 BB, between MP2 and Hero.</font>
Old 11-13-2004, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Any way to better protect this 2 pair hand??

No call preflop here, this is a fold. Why? Because the only ways you can win with his hand are getting real lucky on the flop like you did, and a low flush...you're losing money in the long-run with this call.

You played it pretty well. Maybe go for a check-raise on the flop, but your line was fine. The runner, runner is just poker.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Any way to better protect this 2 pair hand??

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the preflop call is ok in a 5 handed pot right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You should have some kind of a straight-flush combination. I'd call with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] but not with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]