Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 03:38 AM

Default \"Im a break even player in 200NL.\"(follow up after 10k hands)

for those of you who didnt read part one where i was whining about my first 12k hands.. here is it. (graph included.)
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1

update:

o my o my. i have to say first of all... thank you all for your help.things have definitely turned around as you guys can see from the graph. i made small but many changes to my game and am winning now.. my overall bb/100 is still low but my bb/100 for last 11k hands was over 10bb/100. the following is the comparision.
old
hands: 12,190
vp$ip = 23.56%
won money at showdown: 49.56%
PF raise: 10.25%
BB/100: .5bb/100
Agression factor: 2.4

new
hands: 10,380
vp$ip = 20.12% (Decreased)
won money at showdown: 55.38 (increased)
PF raise: 8.64 (decreased)
BB/100: 10.25BB/100
Agression factor: 2.34 (no change)

well again i want to thank all of you. i will be in 200nl here for 10k more hands and then move up to 400nl. is this just variance? possibly my bb might go down compareds to last 10-11k hands. BUT now that i look back at how i played first 12-13k hands.. i know that i played bad. i can clearly see my mistakes. it just makes sense.. but anyway thank you all for your help. i really appreciate it. what changes i made?? i wont bother to bore you guys with those. but it was all little changes. this shows you that "those little changes" adds up. well here is the graph of everyhting. special thanks to DovHaze. he really helped alot.

all this is 4 tabling 200nl btw.

since people are interested to know my changes here are the major changes. first of all you can just look at my stats and compare. i got a little big tighter with my starting hand selection and i started raising less preflop. my postflop play became much better. i was playing with more reads as well.also i started using gametime+.. that [censored] helped me make more easier reads on who to raise/ who not to raise, and how to out play them postflop. one of my biggest problem before was that i overvalued suited connectors and 1 gappers. i used to raise with them alot which i stopped. i still raise with them but only with position. POSITION IS SO IMPORTANT!! i rarely am in a hand without position. my postflop play has improved the most and is the biggest factor in all of this. i am just a much superior player now then i was before post flop. i am valuebetting much better now as well. everything is clicking!! this feels great.also you can see that my agression basically stayed the same. so that was not a problem. its the times i chose to be agressive. that was the biggest problem. the postflop changes i made are just a book full of info that i wont bother getting into but for anyone who is struggling in 200nl. its your postflop. im sure i could have stil raised with more hands but as long as i play good postflop my bb would still remain high. also talking to alot of people about hands improved my play. well this is all i can think of now. ill post more later if i think of something.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:39 AM

Default Re: \"Im a break even player in 200NL.\"(follow up after 10k hands)

congrats.

now move up as your BR allows shots and you feel comfortable not after 10k hands.... that's the mindset for n00bs.

I used to adhere to that policy.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:40 AM

please discuss the little details, I'm interested.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:41 AM

Seems to me like the real change here was better post flop play. Nice job.

Also, do what Maulik said with regard to moving up.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:49 AM

ooo dont worry about my bankroll. my bankroll is way more then what i need here in 200nl. but i like to make sure i can beat a limit before i can move up. thats why i want to give it some more time. but i really think that experience is more important then bankroll. once you can honestly say that your beating your current limit preety bad, thats when u can move up. atleast thats what i think.i only played 200nl for 1 month. after maybe 1 more week i will move to 400nl.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i made small but many changes to my game and am winning now..
...but anyway thank you all for your help. i really appreciate it. what changes i made?? i wont bother to bore you guys with those.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be really interested to hear what changes you made... I'm looking to move up in limits after I rebuild my roll.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:58 AM

glad to see you doing better. personally, i beleive that the little changes you made tightening up made a big difference. the party games are just that loose. good luck and hope to see you in 400NL...actually not really, lol.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:53 AM

Nice to see. Good luck.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:25 AM

nice hopefully you don't go on ao 5 buyin downsing now (knock on wood) to bash your confidence
Old 11-30-2005, 11:24 AM

NiRRR, Is that chart you made something that is a part of PT, or did you do that on your own externally?