Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 07:32 PM

Default RESULTS

Preflop I did not 3-bet because Button was being overly aggressive from hand to hand. However, he was not being stupidly aggressive; he picked his spots. SB was a passive/weak player who had a tendency to overplay his blinds but fold out on the flop. I figure I'd try to trap the Button by flopping an overpair or even better, top set.

On the river, I thought for a little bit and figured the button to have two pair. Of course I wasn't thinking of folding, I was thinking whether I should 3-bet or just call. I decided to 3-bet and Button immediately capped...this is when I figured the Button had me beat. Button showed Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for flush.

Any way I could have avoided this? I don't think a 3-bet preflop would've done it...
Old 03-24-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

RAISING THIS RIVER WOULD BE PRETTY DUMB. FOLDING WOULD BE FULL BLOWN IDIOCY.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Re: KK play? river action??

i 3bet this preflop.....
Old 03-25-2005, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Any way I could have avoided this? I don't think a 3-bet preflop would've done it...

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't mean anything. You three-bet because worse hands (which is almost all of them) are literally giving you money with every bet they put in pre-flop.

Some people just won't come off a hand while it has even a remote chance of becoming a winner and if that's the case with the opponent in this hand, you were doomed from the start. I think the river is a call nearly every time. It would take special circumstances to get me to raise or fold.

SpaceAce
Old 03-25-2005, 09:48 PM

I tend to agree, 3-bet the preflop... That way, on the flop, you can raise again still representing a stong hand. I would tend to think the guy wouldn't chase a runner-runner flush after a 3-bet on preflop and a raise on the flop.