Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Stacked video game

This game is getting a lot more press than I would expect (I've been check out upcoming games and stuff cause of the release of the xbox 360), any chance it will be fun even for people who play online? Are you guys going to check it out?

Edit: Yea, should have put some background, it's a video game coming in early '06 with Negreaunu and some other pros lenading their likeness and promoting it. linky
Old 10-28-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Stacked video game

I assume it's a poker video game? Waste of money, I'm sure.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, it uses the pokibot, vexbot ai used in poker academy. so as far as practice the competition will be quite good. although personally, i can't imagine playing poker w/out money at stake anymore
Old 10-28-2005, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, it uses the pokibot, vexbot ai used in poker academy. so as far as practice the competition will be quite good. although personally, i can't imagine playing poker w/out money at stake anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome... the kids want to play poker online, I won't let them even for play money... this'll be great if the competition is actually decent. I sure don't want them to learn to beat some crappy AI and think the're badazz playaz.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:09 AM

Hopefully it will be as popular as it looks it will be, leading to more fish depositing in online poker rooms.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:29 PM

I will get the PSP version. Great to be able to play poker when I'm travelling. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2005, 03:40 PM

I've been playing the limit Pokibot client. (http://games.cs.ualberta.ca/webgames/poker/). Apparently Stacked is going to use it as the basis for their AI.

I don't want to dis anyone. I believe it is the best AI around, but I didn't find it hard to beat. I played about 1000 hands and beat it for over 10bb/100. I can't do anywhere near that at $1/$2.

Of course I could have been running hot, but others have beaten it for 30bb+/100 over 1000 hands. Also there were a couple of hands where I just called down to see what the AI was doing.

Stacked could be good fun, but I wouldn't expect it to be much use for training. Perhaps a bit better than play money tables?