Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Alternative Proposal

Hey all,

Not to belittle the effort of chuddo et al., but this thing seems to be going nowhere fast. So, let me step in with a new proposal that incorporates some of the ideas tossed around in this thread:

Bracket Structure

There is no way that we are going to get exactly 32 people, so in order to keep from having to turn too many people away, I propose a two-tier buy-in system. People who want to buy-in for $2,000 get a first round "bye," while other people who buy-in for $1,000 participate in play-in games. So, if we have 40 people interested, 24 people put up $2,000, 16 people put up $1,000, with 8 of those 16 people advancing to the round of 32 (24 + 8 = 32). From that point, it plays like a normal single elimination tournament. This will also let some good players participate if they don't want to pony up a full buy-in.

Payout

The payout will be incremental as proposed by KKF. So, if we have 40 people:

17-40: lose buy-in
9-16: break even
5-8: win $2,000
3-4: win $4,000
2: win $6,000
1: win $10,000

It seems like people prefer KKF's original flat payout structure to the top-heavy structure proposed by chuddo. Also, this eliminates the need for any of the escrowing that has people worried; people just settle up $2,000 at a time after each match.

Match Structure

Matches will take place on Stars .01/.02 HU tables (if such a thing exists; I didn't know about them until this thread). This has two benefits. First, no rake. Second, the rebuy trick on Stars will let the match play deeper.

THE FOLLOWING IS THE ONLY POINT OPEN TO SUGGESTION: Each player starts with 200 BB and MUST reload once falling below 100 BB. First player to win 300 BB from his opponent is the winner. Note that such a match is not a freezeout.

If HU tables do not exist, we could even just "take over" a full .01/.02 table and have the seven 2+2 observers just sit out. Possibly difficult, but doable.

Organizer

I will organize and run the above tournament for $50 per player (edit: this was the figure quoted elsewhere in this thread as a reasonable fee).

ML4L