FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How bad is this?
I would definitely do that myself 86 26.79%
Eh, it's iffy, but if you can do it, more power to you. 67 20.87%
Eh, it's iffy, but you probably shouldn't do that. 72 22.43%
You should burn in hell. 96 29.91%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: I take WAY too many showers and I can\'t stop...

My point obviously has no meaning to you, because you seem to be completely missing it.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm about to embark on this thread and I know that it's going to culminate with me being disgusted with how dirty some of you guys are.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't hate against Dirty people.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:24 PM

When I grew up, in the tropics, I used to shower at least twice a day. Once before bed, because there's no way you wanted to climb into bed all greasy, and in the hot humid tropics, everyone's greasy all the time. And once after sleep, because you've got your hours of sleeping to grease you up again, and you can't go outside the house like that.

If I had to go out in the middle of the day, sometimes there would be a third shower.

I agree that it's much harder to wake up without a shower, too. A shower miraculously wakes you up when you're sleepy and calms you down when you're not -- neat trick. If you turn the water to hot enough, it can even make you sleepy. Perfect! So soothing for sore muscles, too..

I always liked my friend's shower theory. He said the only reason you really do anything in life is so that you can take a shower. Play sports? You really do it for the shower after. Sex? Same thing. Wake up in the morning? Yep. Go to sleep at night? Shower. It's all about the showers, baby. That's the happy end of what life all boils down to -- a nice shower.

I can dig it.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I'm not some big fat oaf who sweats when they sleep. Not to mention I'm older than you son.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm unfortunately not a big fat oaf....I'm a sportsman and play multiple sports regularly...And what has age got to do with it - I'm 23 .... I like being clean... Like some other posters have said....Obviously if all u do is sit around all day and don't have to interract with other people all day then 2 showers a day would seem pointless....Unfortunately, in my world, I have to spend a little more time out and about than the average person and hence thats why I prefer to have 2 showers a day...

FWIW, a shower in the morning is a good way of waking-up ...