Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 03:09 AM

Default A7s from the CO

I discussed this hand with a friend of mine earlier today and he disaggreed with my line. What does everyone think? Villian is 24/8/1.62 after about 115 hands.

Party Poker (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">8 folds, Hero raises, SB 3 bets BB fold Hero calls</font>.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Sb bets, Hero raises, SB 3 bets, Hero calls

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB bets, hero raises....

My plan on the river was to check behind UI.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Re: A7s from the CO

I was thinking cap off the flop, and then you will have the option to take a free card on the turn. Thus saving 1sb on the way to showdown if you dont improve.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:29 AM

i dont like the turn raise youre getting 3 bet too often there by AA and KK against good players nowadays. his pfr is pretty low so i think you do the best by going limp here even when you pick up the nice nut draw. i love just calling the flop here because youre heads up in position and either way ahead or way behind. this hand just plays out on cruise control with you calling when he bets and betting when he checks.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:41 AM

I diddn't notice the 3bet by SB preflop. In retrospect, I agree with Mike here. The line is to call his bet and bet when checked to. With his numbers, raising the turn here isnt that bad. I have to differ with mike here, because I dont believe that this player 3 bets AA/KK very often at all. So raising the turn, checking the river unimproved isnt horrible considering the line you took.
However, mikes line is superior in a number of ways. bet when checked too, get to showdown.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:48 AM

I think you played it well. Why let two overcards see the turn for only 1 sb? You're ahead much more than half the time and there are lots of scare cards that can come to slow you down, I think failing to raise this flop is missing value.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played it well. Why let two overcards see the turn for only 1 sb? You're ahead much more than half the time and there are lots of scare cards that can come to slow you down, I think failing to raise this flop is missing value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause, respect the 3 bet. If you are ahead you have him reverse dominated. If you are behind, you got a 5-6 outer tops.