Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Taking notes on players.

Will someone give me some suggestions on your procedures for taking notes? Perhaps you could post a copy of the notes you have on a player of your choice (leave out the name if you like).
Old 07-20-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Taking notes on players.

Note One:

D player. Loose hyper-aggressive. Capable of raising with an underpair without the bigger kicker than the pair I am representing. Punish him for aggressive play.

Note Two
Average player, loose C-. Get value out of hands. Player called a reraise on third when you had a door card lower than the pair represented. Player bet back out when they hit an open pair. After you reraised again, the player still payed off with two pair on river.

Note Three:
B player semi-tight, aggressive. Capable of buying a free card on 5th street and raising a four flush on fourth and fifth streets, and following through with a bluff on the river w/ a busted flush draw.

Note Four:

STF (This simple designation for me is reserved for a very select few player. It stands for Super Target Fish. Means can have absolutely any possible hand and bet, raise, call with nothing to the river.)

Hope these help.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Taking notes on players.

To clarify my note taking. I give an overall designation to player based on several hands I see them play. Sometimes that changes. Then I also try to give an example, that gives me the range of the types of hands or plays/calls they are capable of making to add more dimension and recall.