Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 05:25 PM

Default T9s flops a big draw...

Hero is UTG at a loose 6/12 game, fairly passive pre-flop, but we've been seeing 5+ to the flop for most of the past couple orbits.

Villain 1 is pretty tight and aggressive post-flop, but seems to be a bit weak at times with missing bets with marginal to good hands. BB is playing pretty LAGgy and bluffing often, at least against certain players. I've been pretty quiet the past couple orbits, as I haven't been catching anything decent to start. I think my image is as a good player, maybe too tight and perhaps a little weak (that always seems to be what players pick up -- suckers).

Pre-flop: I'm UTG with T9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero limps, UTG+1 calls, Villain 1 (MP2) calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB raises, all call.

Flop: (6 players, 12SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB bets...

What's my plan? Raise now to try to win with a T or 9? Call for overcalls?

-d
Old 09-22-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: T9s flops a big draw...

I think you can go ahead and raise for value. Your equity is huge.

Any fold that you happen to get is okay too, the pot is already pretty big so if you happen to clean up a 9 or T out, all the better.

But in this type of game, most gut-shots, flush draws, backdoor flush draws, overcards, and even undercards are probably coming along no matter what you do. And that's fine because you're definitely gonna spike one of your bagillion outs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

So as my roommate likes to chant in our home-games: pump... pump... pump it up!
Old 09-22-2005, 05:46 PM

I call here and look to 3-bet if somebody in late position raises in an attempt to build a huge pot.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:52 PM

Will BB really try to bluff into 5 players? I will probably call and hope to get callers behind me and maybe even a raise (making me able to 3-bet). If you really believe BB will autobet this flop I can see the point of raising, but in general I think calling>raising in this spot, even against a pretty laggy player.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:55 PM

Raise the flop.

If you clean up your pair outs, GREAT! If they call anyway, it's for value, GREAT!

It doesn't matter what people do, but I imagine your going to get cold callers anyway.