Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 10:54 PM

Default my answers

I'm posting my own answer to my questions below in white:

1) what is a reasonable range of hands for me after I 3bet pf?

<font color="white"> AA-99, AK, AQ, KQs (this is not my personal range, but it's what I think is reasonable)</font>

2) what is a reasonable range of hands for villain after he caps pf?

<font color="white"> AA-JJ, AK, AQs (based on his pfr% I think 99, TT, AQ are unreasonable) </font>

3) what is my range of hands after I c/c the flop?

<font color="white">AK, AQ, KsQs. yup, that's it. slowplaying AA/KK is bad here since I'm likely to get a lot of action from AK/AQ. with TT-QQ I'm likely badly beaten and don't have the odds to chase. with AK or AQ this is a clear wa/wb - I don't want to bet into villain because he'll raise me if I'm beaten (probably on a later street given my "tricky" read of him) and fold if I'm not. KsQs I might not actually have odds to chase, but at game speed I'm thinking "pair + bdfd + big pot = call".</font>

4) what is my final range of hands?

<font color="white"> same as in 3 </font>

5) what is villain's final hand? (you should be able to narrow it to one, possibly two hands)

<font color="white"> QQ or the less-likely-to-be-capped-pf-especially-this-villain JJ</font>
Old 08-25-2005, 06:04 AM

Default Re: hand reading exercise

[ QUOTE ]
villain is 26/7.7/1.8 (so semi-loose and aggressive) and can be tricky

PokerRoom 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop:
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">eviljeff 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 folds.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
eviljeff checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, eviljeff calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
eviljeff checks, MP1 checks.

River: (4.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">eviljeff bets</font>, MP1 folds.

I suggest you try to answer the following questions before looking at other responses:

1) what is a reasonable range of hands for me after I 3bet pf?
2) what is a reasonable range of hands for villain after he caps pf?
3) what is my range of hands after I c/c the flop?
hints in white:
4) what is my final range of hands?
5) what is villain's final hand? (you should be able to narrow it to one, possibly two hands)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh good. A chance for me to make a fool of myself.

Btw - when things are in white- tou see them when you quote - even if you don't want to!

OK, After the flop 3-bet I'm putting you on range of group 1 hands, AA, KK, QQ, AKs, AKo, JJ, Plus TT and AQs If you think he's over aggressive. Him on about the same since you're saying he's a little LAGy

Your flop check/call says you either whiffed completely- which would mean QQ or are slowplaying AA, AK, or KK, so I reserve judgement.

His Bet is natural checked to in that situation, so I don't read more than would in PF.

On Turn His sheck is more interesting than yours. It makes me think of either a draw or a high PP.

On River your bet indicates various things, You're not too scared of the A, you're not too bothered by flush and you're taking advantage of his weakness on turn- though the fact you're doing this with a scare card out is big news.

I put you on AA, KK, or AK. I put him on QQ/JJ with QQ 70% fave.

I go now to learn my fate.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: hand reading exercise

My reason for saying JJ rather than QQ is because hero has a queen. Since both would be likely to play the same, JJ is twice as likely as QQ.