Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Poker Tracker q for 10 handed NL

I've been reading this forum for a while now and it appears that there is something of a consensus on the correct style of play for 10 hands NL cash games. But can we be more specific? In particular, what do people consider to be the PERFECT Poker Tracker stats? Are there any threads on this already? (I couldn't find any.)

I'm not talking about win rate necessarily. I'm talking ALL the stats:
Vol$ in Pot
PF raise%
Att to steal blinds %
Won $ SD
Aggression factor on flop, turn % riv
Vol put $ in from SB %
SB fold %
BB fold %

And the rest.

Anyone got any thoughts(or links to threads where this has already been discussed)?
Old 10-09-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker q for 10 handed NL

You can't really pin down a set number for each, there are ranges of which most tight-aggressive players stay within, but you can't find some magical number. Those numbers are an average over a broad range of hands, and just because a certain figure might be correct at one table, it is not so at another. A table full of LAGs vs a table full of weak tight players dictates changing your style up to maximize profit. Also, some players can be very profitable with a stle that is more/less loose/aggressive, more/less tight/loose preflop. It all depends on your personality. Other than the stats directly related to winrate, you can have a pretty wide range of numbers and still maximize $$$.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:31 PM

OK I take your point, so let's be more specific: how about target stats for a TAG player, who is playing 4 or more 10 handed tables simultaneously. I have noticed that most of the (profitable) players who play multiple tables at 5/10 and under tend to have a Vol%inPot stat of about 15% with a very low PFraise% of under 3%. This PF raise % seems way too low for me, but is it a good strategy when playing 4 or more tables?

Obviously you need to mix up your game and adjust to the players you are playing with, but after 100k hands those stats and situations will start to average out. I'm not looking for the right way to play in any individual game, I'm looking for target stats (or ranges) for a TAG player (playing multiple tables) after at least 50k hands. In fact, it probably makes more sense to talk about ranges, but equally one could say that the target or perfect stat would be the middle of that range.

Any more thoughts?
Old 10-10-2005, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have noticed that most of the (profitable) players who play multiple tables at 5/10 and under tend to have a Vol%inPot stat of about 15% with a very low PFraise% of under 3%. This PF raise % seems way too low for me, but is it a good strategy when playing 4 or more tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

3% PF raise seems more like tight/passive. This probably comes from set miners who are only calling PF not raising. Competition is bad enough to where they make money playing like that.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:31 AM

18/5 not too bad.... up to maybe 21/7.

Getting more loose/agg than that you really have to be an exceptional player. I play pretty Tag as I dont like the difficult decisions.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:11 AM

The idea that there is one perfect style is a complete fallacy, an optimum style is dependent upon the cirucmstances of table, namely the style of play & stack sizes of the other players at the table & their position relative to you.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:12 AM

I play at 20.7/7 and I find thats TAG enough for me. Any tighter and things get really boring. I could porbably still win at 25/10 though, but then I might have to cut down on a table or 2. Each person is different and has his or her own comfort and skill level. Find the best combo for your talents.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:55 PM

i raise alot more than this to confuse my opponents and play just as tight

UTG, UTG+1 with hands i cant stand calling raises with for one (AQ,AJs for example)

late positon with a huge variety depending on the game