Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 12:31 PM

Default AKs, I pump this right?

After reading a good post about the proper way to pump the draw, I thought of this hand.

The Villan is 29/17/2.6

Did I play this right / did I pump the draw properly?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Villan raises (UTG)</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">No Read caps (SB)</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Villan calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">No Read bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villan raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">No Read 3-bets</font>, Villan calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, No Read calls, Villan calls.

Turn: (16.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
No Read calls $0.25 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">Villan bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (19.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villan bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 22.75 BB
Old 11-20-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: AKs, I pump this right?

Looks perfect to me.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:43 PM

That's how I would have played it.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:48 PM

*grunch*

mlin-

Preflop: g00t.

Flop: Excellent pumpage. You have the nut flush draw plus TPTK. This is a perfect time to pump it.

Turn: I think the smooth call is ok. Villian's bet in the face of your cap indicates he may have 2p and maybe a FD of his own now. No need to spew.

River: Pot is too big to fold, good call in light of the 3 spades on the board. Unfortunately the dingleberry who was short-stacked and went all-in screws up the pot odds but I think call is the best play.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:27 PM

It would have been perfect if...

[ QUOTE ]
River: (19.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-20-2005, 02:57 PM

I think I would 3 bet this flop the first time around instead of cold calling and hoping No Read 3 bets for you.

Button already cold called 3 bets PF, so he will probably have no problem calling 3 with any piece of this board. If he has nothing, he would fold for two anyway.

No Read needs to have a big hand to 3 bet this flop for you. Probably only AA, TT, AT, or maybe AK/AQ. If he has KK,QQ,JJ, or any other weird hand he will probably only call. You'd like to get in as many bets as possible on this flop because of your huge pot equity, and I think 3 betting here would accomplish this.

I'm still a newb, so I'd love for someone smarter than me to tell me where my thinking is wrong.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:57 PM

definitely cap that flop. I'm not too worried about sb - he's going all in. also not too worried about villain - he has very aggressive stats. button looks like he's on a flush draw or is stubbornly calling down with Ax. I'd pop the turn for value.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:59 PM

I think you couldn't have played it better, NH.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:28 PM

yea..I raise the turn too..call a 3 bet.
call on river..

brian
Old 11-20-2005, 04:00 PM

3-bet the flop the first time around. the pot is 20 bets when it gets to you. do everything you can to win here. if your 3-bet knocks out button and "No Read," great.

to me villain's hand seems very likely AQ, since he did not cap the flop but he is now leading into you on the turn after SB goes all in. your pfr flop call/cap looks incredibly like KQ[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (ie. who wouldn't 3-bet w/ top pair and the nut flush draw on that flop?).

so raise this turn. there's almost no chance you're behind, and you're freerolling him if he happens to have another AK (which is less likely given his flop play).