Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Lost...AKos 3/6

CO was 35/22/3 after 62 hands...He seemed reasonable.
UTG was 55/0/.7 after 38 hands...LP.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.16 BB

When UTG bet into me on the flop, I was pretty sure I was drawing, so I didn't raise. CO's raise on the flop could mean a lot of things - Split Q pair, 2 Pair, OESD, FD. So I called ready to reevaluate on the turn. When the Ah came on the turn, I didn't know what to do. It completes the FD or a JK OESD, but I didn't want to give a free card, so I bet. Then when CO raised, I was pretty sure I was behind, but I called getting 12 to 1 thinking I had maybe 3-4 outs to a straight or a better two pair. By the time the river came the pot was so big that I thought I had to call hoping he overplayed a pair+draw.

Can I play this any differently? Standard? Fold to the turn raise?

Thx.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Lost...AKos 3/6

I would give serious consideration to just calling the turn bet/river.

Getting raised behind not only sucks because you're probably behind, it also will push out your padding, the UTG. It didnt on this occasion, but in general I try to keep the overcalls to maximise my winnings while minimising my contribution.

The exception is when they have the potential to outdraw you. We can't really protect against the fifth heart.

I could also find a fold if CO is passive.