Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Its Fish Friday!!! Yay!!!

Or is it? the past month i've been finding the day time games easier then the fishy late night games. Don't get me wrong, both are very profitable but i'm now at a stage where i'm finding the day time games even MORE profitable then the night games.

In the past i've always said the late night games were easier due to all the fish, but i'm not so sure now. I think this maybe down to the fact that daytime games have many solid players who are fairly predictable, where as the wild night games are far less predictable. One of my many strengths is reading the table and players and playing post flop, but this gets much harder in a wild game, therefore i sometimes have to resort back to "ABC" poker to beat them.

Anyone else got any thoughts on which is potentially more profitable?

I should add that as i live in the UK i play more US daytime games then late night games so maybe i'm finding daytime games more profitable because i've had more chance to practice them.. either way, i think 2 months from now my sample size for both will be able to determine for sure which is MORE profitable.

Yours,
The Special One
Stanzee
Old 09-30-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Its Fish Friday!!! Yay!!!

[ QUOTE ]
either way, i think 2 months from now my sample size for both will be able to determine for sure which is MORE profitable.

Yours,
The Special One
Stanzee

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope u were joking here

what sample size do u hope to achieve that will tell u "for sure" which is more profitable?
Old 09-30-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
either way, i think 2 months from now my sample size for both will be able to determine for sure which is MORE profitable.

Yours,
The Special One
Stanzee

[/ QUOTE ]

what sample size do u hope to achieve that will tell u "for sure" which is more profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it has only been this month that i've been getting better results daytime then night time. This is due to me just getting outstandingly better at daytime games this month, but struggling too improve on my already good results latenight. Therefore probably want another 1000 at least of each, to draw some conclusions. My suspicion is that the daytime games are potentially more profitable for a thinking player who can adapt. Results so far are showing this. Also i notice, when i play a set of 4 SnGs i finish ITM in all 4 more frequently then i seem to in night games. But as stated, i'll need a bigger sample size for my new and improved gameplan.

Can i also add my ITM is up to 51% for september daytime (i include daytime to be 12pm to 6pm EST).
Old 09-30-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yours,
The Special One
Stanzee

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it has only been this month that i've been getting better results daytime then night time. This is due to me just getting outstandingly better at daytime games this month, but struggling too improve on my already good results latenight. Therefore probably want another 1000 at least of each, to draw some conclusions. My suspicion is that the daytime games are potentially more profitable for a thinking player who can adapt. Results so far are showing this. Also i notice, when i play a set of 4 SnGs i finish ITM in all 4 more frequently then i seem to in night games. But as stated, i'll need a bigger sample size for my new and improved gameplan.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if you had, say, 5000 sngs during the day and 5000 sngs during the evening...u'd then 'be able to determine for sure which time is more profitable?'

is that what u are saying?
Old 09-30-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

so if you had, say, 5000 sngs during the day and 5000 sngs during the evening...u'd then 'be able to determine for sure which time is more profitable?'

is that what u are saying?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not 100% for sure, but pretty close. What are you getting at Nick?

Edit: also, i meant more profitable for me, not necessarily what is more profitable for your average Joe Bloggs.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:06 PM

that's all i'm getting at

"my sample size for both will be able to determine for sure which is MORE profitable."
Old 09-30-2005, 03:10 PM

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! <tears streaming down face>

Thanks again for another giggle.

EDIT: hey stanzee, what's your Party screen name (PM me). I'd love to see you "win" all the time. And if you are as good as you say you are, I will publicly state in this thread that you are the greatest.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:39 PM

Conceit is a weird disease. It makes everyone else sick.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that's all i'm getting at

"my sample size for both will be able to determine for sure which is MORE profitable."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure he would retract the way he worded it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! <tears streaming down face>

Thanks again for another giggle.

EDIT: hey stanzee, what's your Party screen name (PM me). I'd love to see you "win" all the time. And if you are as good as you say you are, I will publicly state in this thread that you are the greatest.

[/ QUOTE ]

megalose, you have nothing better to do then troll and flame? i know your type, and you're probably a winning 10%ROI player, but like i always say, you'll be lost when the SnGs dry up, because i doubt you have the mind to adapt to a harder form of poker.

As for PMing my screen name.. no thanks, enough trolls on 2+2, so don't need any more while i'm playing.

And with all those posts you've written i've yet to see anything insightful from you.

I think in your twisted little mind you believe you're a above me, so please do post a thread that will demonstrate how you gain any sort of edge either mentally or skillfully that makes you better then the average 2+2er.

Also, i noted that you didn't believe i had a 30% ROI. Is this because you don't think this is attainable. Well, i have news for you, it is! and many regular (and respected) posters have said it is most definitely possible. Keep practicing Mega, you might eventually get there.