Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 01:12 PM

Default my answer

Thank you guys!

As one poster said I think its a misstake to think that VPIP 60, aggressionfactor around 1 is passive. They do A LOT of calling so they have to bet a lot to get aggressionfactor 1.

Also, I agree that if this is a guy who likes to bet a draw on flop we should more often bet turn.

This was the answer I gave:

[ QUOTE ]
Do you raise flop or bet anywhere here? Yep, u probably got 10uts, raise flop and take a free card would be my normal line. This player is VPIP 60% and will probably not fold turn if u bet. There are so many draws out there that he really cant fold a pair, will (rightly) hope u are on draw. And he will call if he is on a draw.

Call river unimproved since he will often bluff a busted draw. I will post this on the forum and see if people agree with what I say.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-23-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Am i coaching badly? (AK hand)

my options 1. raise the flop, bet the turn, check the river
2. call down or bet if checked to.
3. raise the flop, check the turn.

I like the first 2 about wqual and the 3rd occasionally. Sometimes check the turn after calling the flop and being checked to also, but much rarer againt donkeys with these stats.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Am i coaching badly? (AK hand)

I would call the flop as your student did. This is not a passive player based on an AF of 1 combined with very loose play.

Case 1: He has a pair (likely IMO). He knows what cards you are looking for and is likely to pull the stop-n-go when you miss the turn.

Case 2: He is semibluffing. When he misses the turn your free card play backfires and you lose money. It was better to go for one bet on each street. When he makes his flush or straight he will probably bet out because he's seen the free card nonsense much too often to try for the checkraise. Once again your flop raise has lost you money.

Having raised the flop you need to take the free card. Aside from the reasons already given there is the consideration that a third diamond may river. Now your turn check allows you to save some money by folding.