Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Controversial Last Ditch Advice for Snowball 138

What I want to know about David, is what happened with your pursuit of the "O" girl? Did that pan out?
Old 11-09-2005, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I want to know about David, is what happened with your pursuit of the "O" girl? Did that pan out?

[/ QUOTE ]

And what happened to the original situation?
Old 11-09-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Women play games. There is no argueing that. If you haven't picked this up by now then the only answer is that you date ugly, insecure women.

[/ QUOTE ]

This takes the cake for the stupidest thing ever to come from a man.

[/ QUOTE ]

STUPIDEST THING EVER!!! Well, it may be stupid, but it is truth.

Where are you from? Are you from the USA?

Let us see a pic?

Sure there are rare females that look good and don't play childish games, but they are few and far between. I'm not sure at what age they quit the BS. I'd guess never for most.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:48 AM

Default Re: Sklansky\'s advice works

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't want to do this, because it makes me look bad, and frankly, its no one's business, but I really feel that people are overlooking Sklansky's insight into this matter.

Anyway, here goes:

A few days ago I had a girl over. I've known here for almost two years. I made a move on her, and she shot me down, because she's with another guy right now. I said thats ok, and I understand that she doesn't want to be with me, but I also explained that I can't be friends with her.

I didn't try to make her feel guilty, and I didn't try to make her feel sorry for me. We said our goodbyes. Two days later she calls me, and she's all over me. She says she wants to break up with her boyfriend for me. I explained that I can't be her boyfriend, and she shouldn't leave the guy she's with for me. Then she said that she at least wants to see me on the side.

Thats right; she went from shooting me down to BEGGING for either a relationship or sex. I wasn't even nice to her when she called. She said a couple of rude things, and I hung up on her. She called back and begged for more. The situation is totally nuts, but completely true.

The point is to win. Sklansky understands this, why can't everyone else?

Best,
Snowball

[/ QUOTE ]

Snowball,

This thread is fun and all, but I think you're going to have to come to grips with the fact that women are people, and people are complicated, and there is a definite limit to the extent you can predict how they will act under given circumstances, or arrange circumstances so as to bring about a desired outcome, or analogize between the behavior of one women in one situation and another woman in another situation.

The time to plan your move (if you have plan it at all) is in the ten to sixty seconds immediately before you make it. The best kind of move is no move at all ... when you two are so synced up that what's about to happen becomes obvious with no exchange of words or gestures necessary.

The thing about women is that they're inherently convincible, and this makes it very tempting to go about trying to convince them or manipulate them in some way. My opinion is that this doesn't work very often. Those who succeed at it are only able to because they strike out so many times. They tend to have approaches like the ones laid out here, approaches that some men believe might work on women in general. The problem with your girl is that you already know 50x-100x more about her, through your experience, than can possibly be conveyed in this forum. Like any intelligent person, she's only going to respond to you in a positive way if you're in the moment and treating her like a unique individual, not some aggregation of imaginary moves several dozen poker players wish they would have pulled on the lost girls of their dreams.

In other words, don't underestimate the value of what you already know and we don't. This might be a situation where the "optimal line" of conduct simply can't be found on a message board.

Good luck.

-thecolor12
Old 11-10-2005, 04:29 AM

It must be easy to have it all figured out when you make such sweeping generalizations.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when you two are so synced up that what's about to happen becomes obvious with no exchange of words or gestures necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to believe in a world like this...

[ QUOTE ]
don't underestimate the value of what you already know and we don't. This might be a situation where the "optimal line" of conduct simply can't be found on a message board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. However, one cannot discount the potential gain from the brainstorming on this forum, and if nothing else, what an excellent and fun concept, trying to sum up human interactions into expected value equations.

However 'incorrect' or 'morally wrong' this may be, it's definitely gotten some people thinking in ways they haven't thought before, and that's already a positive thing.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:12 AM

"she's only going to respond to you in a positive way if you're in the moment and treating her like a unique individual, not some aggregation of imaginary moves several dozen poker players wish they would have pulled on the lost girls of their dreams."

If your theory was correct, advertisng agencies would go bankrupt. So would multitablers. 90% of people can be put in the same barrel without much loss of accuracy. She may well be in the other 10% though.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:07 AM

Haha, it took me a second to get the multitablers reference.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"she's only going to respond to you in a positive way if you're in the moment and treating her like a unique individual, not some aggregation of imaginary moves several dozen poker players wish they would have pulled on the lost girls of their dreams."

If your theory was correct, advertisng agencies would go bankrupt. So would multitablers. 90% of people can be put in the same barrel without much loss of accuracy. She may well be in the other 10% though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite. Advertising agencies are like the sleazy guy at the bar who tries the same pick up line on every girl he meets. He only needs one in ten pitches to connect in order to give his client a return on his investment. It's a very different situation if everything is riding on affecting the behavior of a single person.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:14 AM

"Sincerity is everything. If you can fake that you've got it made."