Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Deep Stacks

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) converter

BB (t3000)
UTG (t3000)
UTG+1 (t1220)
MP1 (t6020)
Hero (t2880)
Villain (t6140)
CO (t840)
Button (t2548)
SB (t3500)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls t20, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t100</font>, Villain calls t100, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls t80.

Flop: (t330) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to t400</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls t200.

Turn: (t1130) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets t500</font>, Hero calls t500.

River: (t2130) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)

The only available info on Villain is that he doubled up on a set of deuces after calling a modest raise preflop. When his opponent bet the flop, he miniraised.

Mostly I'm curious about how to handle the the river, but if anyone hates earlier streets (would you consider folding the turn?), please let me have it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Deep Stacks

Pot is big right now, I'd put in a 500 bet on the river before he can check behind or make a bet. If you are sure he is going to bet, then go for a check raise all in, but if you sense he might check, go ahead and put a bet out there to possibly get more chips.

That said, I probably would have check raised this turn, or made the call on the flop followed by a bet on the turn, which he might want to raise anyways. He might have had AQ and in which case, you stack him. Can't put him on exactly a set here.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:00 PM

blocking bet of 500. Fold if he pushes.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he pushes you put him on exactly 77 or QQ?
Old 10-05-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting 500 is OK, although you could bet more. I'm not folding top 2-pair here.

You could also check and call any bet or checkraise allin.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:53 PM

I put villain on 77/AQ most likely, QQ/AJ/AK possibly, Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is a distant possibility.
QQ probably reraises preflop, but might call to see a flop with stacks this deep and a respectable 5x raise.

Flop and turn play is fine.

On the river, you have to bet out.
AQ/AJ will pay you off if you bet, but they'll probably check it through if you check (flush possibility on board, dangerous K)
AJ/AQ/77 will probably just call a bet you make, with a number of hands that now could beat it. QQ will probably reraise, but might also just call, fearing your possible AA/KK/flush.

With 1880 behind and a 2130 pot, I think leading out for 500 or 600 is the best move, fold to a push, but I don't foresee one coming.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With 1880 behind and a 2130 pot, I think leading out for 500 or 600 is the best move, fold to a push, but I don't foresee one coming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does eveyone want to fold aces up to a push getting 3.5-1 pot odds?
Old 10-05-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does eveyone want to fold aces up to a push getting 3.5-1 pot odds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, A.
<font color="blue"> Hero raises to 100, Villain calls 100 </font>

Flop: (t330) 7, Q, A (3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="blue"> Hero bets t200, Villain raises to t400 </font>

<font color="blue"> The only available info on Villain is that he doubled up on a set of deuces after calling a modest raise preflop. When his opponent bet the flop, he miniraised. </font>

Unless Villain puts Hero on a continuation bet and is getting tricky with AJ or something, the minraise represents real strength (says the OP's read), as does the moderate turn (value) bet. Additionally, will AQ push on this river when bet into? I don't think so, unless he's aggro/stupid. (Of course, if he IS aggro/stupid, a river call is a lot more reasonable)
Old 10-05-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless Villain puts Hero on a continuation bet and is getting tricky with AJ or something, the minraise represents real strength (says the OP's read), as does the moderate turn (value) bet. Additionally, will AQ push on this river when bet into? I don't think so, unless he's aggro/stupid. (Of course, if he IS aggro/stupid, a river call is a lot more reasonable)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to give 3.5-1 odds that villain is not aggro or stupid.

What do you put villain on that beats aces and kings? A set, JT for a straight, a back door flush? A think those are the only hands that beat AK.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:49 PM

I would have check-raised the turn here instead of just check-calling. If he re-raise you, you know you are beat and if he just calls, it's not likely he is going to push to your bet on the river.