Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 09:59 AM

Default 2/3 blind structure defense

hey, can someone tell me what hands i can play in these spots which will show profit? i know postflop play definitely has a big factor but i'm just curious which hands are worth playing. i've seen some players with real high stats in the sb and i'm pretty sure they're showing profit with some of these very marginal hands.

Q: what hands can you play against a original raiser in sb or bb? i'm talking about a possible heads up situation. in the BB, i'm willing to play any suited hands in this spot. with implied odds i think you're able to get enough odds to chase the flushes that comes around.

Q: if the pot is raised with multiway players(2-4 players already in), what hands can you lossen up to? i think suited gappers even hands like 23s are playable here. of course it's better to play something like 89s. ive seen people playing a weak A in this spot but i think you're dominated here alot of the times.

Q: if the pot isn't raised, can you play hands with 1-4 gapper like T5o? not sure if that's going to show any profit, but how about T7 or T8?

the reason why i asked this question is because in the back of my mind i'm always thinking about getting dominated. JT doesn't look that good when someone else has a bigger kicker but you don't know it. another question i have is, when can you exactly chase the two pair when you're sure that you're behind. i hate chasing the second pair cause you're never sure if it's good, many times you have to play defense after preflop so your not extracting alot from your opponent.

let me know some thoughts, im going to check the replies. thanks
Old 09-25-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Re: 2/3 blind structure defense

If I were you, I would search all posts by peter_rus.

-blake
Old 09-25-2005, 10:02 AM

thanks...you got any input for me?
Old 09-25-2005, 10:05 AM

If the pot is unraised, but there is a limper, a limp along any 2.

Heads up, I'll complete any 2, depending on who villain in BB is, ill raise, I can fold too if they like to raise alot. It is kinda up in the air at that point.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:12 AM

hey, what's the guy's name again, i can't find his posts.

hmmm, you'd actually limp here with any 2 even a weak A? so your saying as long as you have a chance to make the best hand then your willing to play it. if that's the case then T5o would be playable in this spot.

if the original raiser is tight, i don't think you can play alot of hands in this spot. if you do, it would be very tough to play them postflop even if you hit. how often do you reraise in the sb against any raise?
Old 09-26-2005, 03:32 AM

I've already covered some of your questions here: http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...3968&page=