Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 12:16 PM

Default 5/10 NL...Overbet?

Here's my key hand from last night. What's you're thinking here? No reads on the table, just sat. First hand I've entered the pot...

I've got $550, Villan has me covered
I'm in MP, dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] folded to me
I make it $35, Villan behind me calls, everyone else folds...

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet out $35, Villan raises to $400, Hero...

Anyone? I bet $35 on the flop because I don't want to lose AJ or KQ. Comments and advise welcome.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:19 PM

Default Re: 5/10 NL...Overbet?

Stick you whole stack in there....nh
Old 07-22-2005, 12:20 PM

move in he has a big draw
Old 07-22-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've got $550, Villan has me covered

[/ QUOTE ]

Why only 50BB?

I would call though I wouldnt be terribly surprised to be shown three nines in this spot. There are a plethora of other hands that push here, all of which u beat (assuming he would RR AA and QQ pf) so i think you should call

Falker
Old 07-22-2005, 01:13 PM

All information is important. Where are you in MP and where is Villain? there is a difference if you're MP1, he's MP2, with 5 players left to act, or folded to him in BB, (who has position?). I run my PT for a min. of 30 min. before I play. Plus, I play the same game every day and have notes on all of the regulars and most of the part-time frequent visitors. All notes include as a min. the basic GT+ stats. I've never entered a game with "no reads on the table".

If I'm villain and you are a stranger that is in for his first hand with a short stack buy-in I may make this kind of move on you with some type of hand like JJ, or with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]; J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]; K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], or AK. Or I may do it with a whiff. Short stacks are often more interested in saving their money until they flop the nuts. You made a PFR that was less than stellar, and your CB is so weak it begs for a raise. Why would you give a a flush draw odds to call?

Since the only hand you fear is a set of 9's I'd have to call and tell Shania he fell into your well disguised trap. Excellent trap play. Install call and raise with your slight remainder.

Also, if your a Texas A&M Aggie, send me a PM please.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:19 PM

i just got top two pair on the flop, and i want to keep him in the hand. against your average player, i'd set a bear trap, hardly bet at all...
Old 07-22-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just got top two pair on the flop, and i want to keep him in the hand. against your average player, i'd set a bear trap, hardly bet at all...

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

-SmileyEH
Old 07-22-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao Matt Damon always did make sense
Old 07-22-2005, 01:55 PM

lol...I re-raised all-in and he called. Fully expecting to see alot of nines, he turns over 44 and I take it.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:07 PM

Go AGGIES!