Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: How are you going to deal with tougher games in the future?

Poker will be bigger, but all here in germany dont play poker for fun they all start poker because they want MONEY! It will dry out. I dont need the Poker $$$ and spend them so far into the stockmarket, if it works 3-4 years more i make more with the stocks than with poker. And sure i only play poker as long i get money, if not i leave.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And sure i only play poker as long i get money, if not i leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's pretty darn addicting and it's tough to know when you're not making money anymore. that's one of the big challenges. at least for me.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's pretty darn addicting and it's tough to know when you're not making money anymore. that's one of the big challenges. at least for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, like I said in my earlier post, there's nothing wrong with busting out and reevaluating.

I think hedging your bets is best if you believe that leaving all your eggs in the online basket worries you (assuming you are playing mainly online). The great thing about poker is that there's so much variety. If LHE becomes drier try out other games and/or betting structures.

If you're actually addicted to gambling, then that may be a problem that goes beyond the "goodness" of the games. I'm not a trained psychologist, but I believe that the basic definition of an addicted individual is that he will continue a behavior regardless of the consequences. Would you not stop playing even if only expert robots were playing poker online? Of course, if you mean "addictive" in the loose, fun sense, they yeah, it's understandable. Then it's time to find another fun home money-making hobby or play live. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]