Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 07:52 PM

Default M\'s and Manny?

So I already knew he wanted to go to Angels but just saw he would like to go the M's too. So to any Mariners fans who would you give up for him? Seems like we could use a power hitting lf...

P.S. I realize that Manny is probably not goin anywhere just fun to dream and lately thats all Mariners fans have had.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:03 PM

Default Re: M\'s and Manny?

Manny is one of those players that if you aren't a boston fan you complain about. But, at the same time, every team would want him. I think he would be a better fit in seattle. Mike Scoscia seems a little too strict for manny's taste.

craig

p.s. Please stay in boston.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:31 PM

cubs plz

Seriously, it's not like they got the balls to use their pitching prospects. Might as well trade them for a good player instead of more middle relievers.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cubs plz

Seriously, it's not like they got the balls to use their pitching prospects. Might as well trade them for a good player instead of more middle relievers.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem with the NL is he has to play as oppossed to DH. How hard (for Manny) would left field be at wrigley? What about in a little league park? Could he play left field there? Are there places for him to pee?

craig

edit: I know I am ragging on his fielding skills, but fwiw he is my favorite player. If he gets traded, I would like him to go to the mets, since Pedro is my second favorite.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:49 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've heard left field in Wrigley called one of the easiest to play. It's pretty small, afaik. I have no idea how one could look this up. So maybe I'm full of [censored] here.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:53 PM

the only reason many isnt a DH is because of ortiz. i reallllly doubt he goes to a NL team.

*if* the red sox move him they are going to ask for some top level talent (duh). its very clear that they intend on being contenders next year, so a guy like manny isnt going to be given away no matter how bad he supposedly wants it.

red sox owenership RULES! that is all.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
red sox ownership RULES! that is all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-25-2005, 11:31 PM

I wouldn't take manny unless I could DH him
Old 11-26-2005, 03:32 AM

With his production, I'd take my chances putting him in left. He has his awkward moments, but he'll more than make up for it at the plate.
Edit: He gets a pretty bad rap for his errors, but his arm is pretty damn good. He had 17 assists last year, and 10+ in 5 of his 8 season in which he has played at least 125 games in the field.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With his production, I'd take my chances putting him in left. He has his awkward moments, but he'll more than make up for it at the plate.
Edit: He gets a pretty bad rap for his errors, but his arm is pretty damn good. He had 17 assists last year, and 10+ in 5 of his 8 season in which he has played at least 125 games in the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

He seems like an average left fielder, hes not bad, but not great, just average. Its just that instead of making normal errors fielders would make he has massive brain fart moments where he sacrifices his body to stop a throw to the infield from his own team. That brain fart is in the top 5 funniest baseball moments of all time, along with the play where the baseball bounced of Cansecos head for a homer, man im waiting for that to happen to Manny, its just meant to be.