Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2005, 08:05 AM

Default 5/10 - set of nines...

5/10 - full ring game. I just sat a bit ago. My main villain in this hand had already gone too far with some hands and made some questionable plays, from what I had seen.

Folded to me in MP, I limp with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

2 others limp , Villain in the BB checks.

Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain leads out for 40, I call the 40 after using about 10 seconds of the clock. Limpers fold, 2 to the turn, about 120 in the pot. Villain has me covered, I started with 990 or so.

Turn is a 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain doesent take more then a second to overbet the pot 160. I don't take too long to make it 500 total. He uses most of his clock and calls.

River is a 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He runs down his clock and bets the exact amount I had 430 or something. I call...

Thoughts?
Old 02-07-2005, 08:41 AM

Default Re: 5/10 - set of nines...

I think its fine the way you played it. Youre obviously taking a big chance by not raising the flop, which I would do, but if you get the blank you're hoping for on the turn and you think he'll get sucked into the hand I think its ok. The way he played it looks like pair+draw/bottom two pair type hand. Overbetting the turn especially makes it look like he wants people who are drawing to be gone, then combined with his deliberating along time over the call of your raise. If he has diamonds by some retarded twist of fate, so be it, but I cant see him not-reraising the turn with any other hand that beats you. Also, if he'd decided to call down with bottom 2 or top and bottom pair or something, he could very well make this bet on the end (since he's planning on calling anyway) thinking there may be some outside chance you'd fold a better hand.