Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Being a LAG creates difficult situations all the time

[ QUOTE ]
Game Theory like this is used against pros, not moron party poker players. Save the game theory raises for 50/100.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. You're probably right.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Take a card off with position if you think you have live outs. In other words, if you think SB will play back with less than the nuts, take a card off. Most players play against LAGs by waiting for a monster to play back though often the best strategy is to play back with more marginal hands. If hes adjusting to your style by doing so, take one off and re-evaluate. If he's a TP who you haven't seen raise in a good 3 orbits, then its an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the response. What would you do if he bets one-third to half-pot on a blank turn if you're unimproved here? And, btw, he's not tight on the flop. He bets and raises a lot on the flop. He tightens up on the turn. If I was in early position, I might just call and donk-bet a blank on the turn....but I can't do that here since he'll likely autobet any turn card and I'm in late position.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When the villain check-raised to $30, I had the distinct thought that the villain was trying to steal the pot with a lesser hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this is the crucial part of the hand. I had no way of kowing this from the OP, but if you had some sort of strong read on this guy then sure you played it correctly.