Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2005, 03:20 PM

Default 74s

MP starts the hand with 4 BB, other guy has taggy stats.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB
Old 06-19-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: 74s

I like it. If MP wasn't shortstacked then I'd take the check-raise opportunity on the flop. Since he's so shortstacked there's almost no chance he checks the turn if he bets the flop, so take the more profitable c/r there.

Buttons raise doesn't slow me down, as this will often be a sub-standard hand raising to isolate the short-stack, or a J or TT or an overpair that waited for a safe turn to raise.

Regarding preflop - I'd fold this here - but i'd call with 1 more player in, or if the hand was 67 or 45. Thoughts on this?

Surf
Old 06-20-2005, 03:34 AM

Think peter rus said all but the trashiest suited stuff was playable 3way from the BB, it might be a little slim here with the shortstack, but then again, he will probably play pertty bad after the flop.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:35 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I like a flop c/r.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Think peter rus said all but the trashiest suited stuff was playable 3way from the BB, it might be a little slim here with the shortstack, but then again, he will probably play pertty bad after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter_Rus also is amazingly good postflop.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:40 AM

I thought this was standard preflop too. Are most of you guys folding this?
Old 06-20-2005, 06:10 AM

thats one of my goals too, so I´m fine with that [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2005, 06:22 AM

If noone got a club u will normally get no action on turn (checked through). If any of them got A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] u will get good action from flop and on, if they got any other club they will normally not fold.

With this in mind I would often bet flop, and reraise any raise. Its easier to make them call with a lot of strange hands if u just bet into them. Also, a club will hit turn 1/5 and kill your hand.

If I checked flop I would always checkraise when both have paid 1SB. If MP check and next player bets I would think about calling and do a donkbet on turn, but often raise anyway. They will not put u on a made flush so play it aggressivly while u can.

Overall, out of position with a hand that will be killed if a club hit turn or river I would play it fast hoping they will try to get a freecard with their draw or are on a high pair.

If the others were bad I would call this preflop. But with 1 shortstacked (shortstacked often raise like maniacs early in the hand trying to win it, they are potcommited and want to do what they can) I would think twice about calling.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:28 AM

I like this line a lot more than CR the flop. The only thing a CR accomplish is to move more money from the Short stack into the middle. However, since he IS a short stack he'll likely be all-in regardless of how the hand plays out.

Therefore, your goal is to suck as much moneys as possible from button and giving him the opportunity to raise the short stack in an attempt to isolate is an awesome trap.

edit: also, a check-raise on the flop does not protect your hand, nor does betting out. the best option is to check-call the flop and raise the turn given a non-club.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter_Rus also is amazingly good postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually fold this preflop, but that isnt my point.

I have full confidence that Trix can play a 74s postflop.

I mean really, how hard is it? Not hard in my opinion.

you flop a flush or a flush draw, standard postflop play.

you flop another monster, easy to play.

you flop a pair, you likely take a stab. you may be "told you are behind.... and then you check your odds to continue.

This is oversimplifying, but I get tired of hearing that xplayer is wonderful.... are you sure you are wonderful enough to play? How did mr wonderful get to be mr wonderful anyway......he likely learned by doing.