Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2004, 07:03 PM

Default Bin Laden tape final nail in Bushs\' coffin

The timing of this is obviously remarkable. We have not seen bin laden on tape in over 3 years. Most assumed he had been killed. Hell, I assumed he had been killed. This is shocking that he has surfaced again.

His statments are made to the American people. He is trying to tell us something, not sure of what yet. One thing is for sure though, this should put bush out of office. Every speech he makes about securing America and defeating terrorists is ringing hollow now. He has not mangaged to caputure the one man responsible for ordering the 9/11 attacks. bin laden even states for the first time in this tape that he was the one that ordered the attacks. This is also a first.

If anyone really believes that this is not damaging to bush then you are a hopless soul and would not be convinced to vote bush out of office if it was determined that he in fact was responsible for the 9/11 attacks himself. Some of you will make excuses for any senario at this point.

Frankly, I am shocked by this tape. Over three years since the 9/11 attacks and we have made ZERO progress in capturing the man responsible. At least we got rid of that pest Saadam though right?

I am curious to see how the Kerry camp will react to this. This should be the final nail in the coffin for bush.

Watching this video reminded me of the statments bush made about "not being concerned about bin laden". Yeah, its obvious shrub. You have other agendas. Like oil, and greed, and making yourself and your goons and your daddy richer through no bid contracts and war profiteering groups that daddy run like the Carlye Group.

Freakin assholes. Hit the bricks.

How about this October suprise! [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2004, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Bin Laden tape final nail in Bushs\' coffin

there are 2 ways this can go:

the american people will think that since osama hates bush, he must love kerry. therefore this can be spun as a terrorists love kerry kinda thing.

OR...

we could realize that we were attacked for being assholes to the rest of the world, elect a different president and stop being assholes! lets hope its this one. and by that i mean lets hope that if kerry is elected he doesnt turn into the same thing that bush has turned into.

rj
Old 10-29-2004, 07:08 PM

Do I have to mention Clinton's name again?
Take a clue--Bush did everything in his power to catch UBL, more than Clinton ever tried to do.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Take a clue--Bush did everything in his power to catch UBL, more than Clinton ever tried to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well ok, but, Clinton was also not in the white house when osama ordered our own airplanes flown into the world trade center and the pentagon. And probably the white house if not for some brave passengers.

I think there is a diffrence in motivation factors here for these two presidents.

And bush is the president that declared war on a faceless shapeless enemy, remember? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2004, 07:15 PM

An american life is an american life. Why were the people at the embassy who died any less important than the ones in the WTC? Why were the soldiers on the Cole any less important? American lives are ALL precious, Clinton should've stepped up to the plate but he didnt. He allowed several americans, (in the hundreds) to be slaughtered by UBL. The WTC incident might have been prevented had Clinton "Stepped Up".
Old 10-29-2004, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
An american life is an american life. Why were the people at the embassy who died any less important than the ones in the WTC? Why were the soldiers on the Cole any less important? American lives are ALL precious, Clinton should've stepped up to the plate but he didnt. He allowed several americans, (in the hundreds) to be slaughtered by UBL. The WTC incident might have been prevented had Clinton "Stepped Up".

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on man. This is not about Clinton AT ALL. We need to live in the moment not the past.

Remember that memo, the one entilted "Bin Laden determined to strike inside the United States." Thats the one that bush forgot to read because he was on the 18th green during his record month long vacation for any sitting president right before the single biggest terrorist attack on the US EVER.

Phew. Bringing Clinton into this now is just, I don't know, desperate?
Old 10-29-2004, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Do I have to mention Reagan's name? Reagan gave OBL money and weapons.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:28 PM

UBL didn't kill Americans on Reagans watch. Bush didn't receive a memo entitled, "Several US Navy Sailors are dead due to UBL planned bomb when a small craft struck the Cole."
No that memo was received during the Clinton administration.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:31 PM

and why was it recieved? because reagan gave them the weapons to carry out the attack! ding ding ding! way to completely ignore the statement and change the subject though.

rj
Old 10-29-2004, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UBL didn't kill Americans on Reagans watch. Bush didn't receive a memo entitled, "Several US Navy Sailors are dead due to UBL planned bomb when a small craft struck the Cole."
No that memo was received during the Clinton administration.

[/ QUOTE ]
But Bush did receive a memo before 9/11 saying that there were a large number of Arabs trying to learn how to fly planes without landing them. How many more Americans died under Bush's watch than under Clinton's?