Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Attack Venezuela, immediately

I don't think you fellows are quite up to scratch with the brilliant diversionary strategy of General Dubya. Which carries on in the tradition of strategies employed by Generals Bill Clinton and George "Shoulda-have-worn-a-condom" Bush.

General Dubya sees an attack on the US by Arab terrorists and promptly picks up a file from the drawer titled "Threats" and the file is for "Iraq". So he attacks Iraq! (Never mind that Iraq had nothing to do with Al Qaeda, 9/11, anti-American terrorism, or WMDs. Watch closely because this is one tough game-theoretic concept!)

So in the same briliant, randomized vein, Dubya should pick another file from the "Threats" drawer and (my money is his aides have it placed very near the top) ...draws "Venezuela". OK, now the president of Venezuela is chummy with Castro, they have lotsa petroleum under 'em and they're Latinos, for crying out loud! They are walk-overs! The whole set-up is ready already, we can make the switch in an hour. In the immortal words of the Tony LoBianco character in French Connection, What are we waiting for??

Attack, VENEZUELA, I say.

This will send a very strong and very clear mesage to North Korea.