Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Old 09-19-2005, 03:48 AM

Default Were you once lazy?

I'm bright, and I'm chronically lazy. I suspect that there are others out there. I'm hoping to find a former underacheiver, who can share their story on how they changed. Maybe someone can offer me some advice or historical examples.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:05 AM

Default Re: Were you once lazy?

still working on it; any good books for this?
Old 09-19-2005, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm bright

[/ QUOTE ]
People who are bright see life's possibilities (sex, money, friendship, experiences, travel, helping society), and then go out and achieve them. Lazy people are lazy because ultimately, they're too small minded to see the possibilities out there and what is required for achieving them.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:56 AM

Find your inspiration or goal. Post it on your mirror. Remind yourself you need to work everyday to achieve your goal. Break it up into manageable steps so you don't get frustrated and quit. Feel good about the progress you've made and don't beat yourself up if you slip. Just redouble your efforts tomorrow. As you get closer to your goal...it will get easier.

Godot
Old 09-19-2005, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm bright

[/ QUOTE ]
People who are bright see life's possibilities (sex, money, friendship, experiences, travel, helping society), and then go out and achieve them. Lazy people are lazy because ultimately, they're too small minded to see the possibilities out there and what is required for achieving them.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't know bright people were productive and dumb people were lazy.

I guess you're implying I'm not as bright as I think I am. I may not be able to give you sufficient proof. I'll go by IQ tests, whatever they mean. I rather not say what my exact IQ is. However, I'll say it's over 130, and it's not 131.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
still working on it; any good books for this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd have to read books to recommend one.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Godot

[/ QUOTE ]
Whatcha waiting for?
Old 09-19-2005, 06:16 AM

Being bright and being lazy are not mutually exclusive. A lot of lazy people see life's possibilities, they just don't want to or choose not to (for one reason or another) exert the energy required to achieve those possibilities. Generally it's a function of discipline. And IQ is just an arbitrary number designed to distinguish people on how well they take a certain test. It does not guarantee you anything in life.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Being bright and being lazy are not mutually exclusive. A lot of lazy people see life's possibilities, they just don't want to or choose not to (for one reason or another) exert the energy required to achieve those possibilities. Generally it's a function of discipline. And IQ is just an arbitrary number designed to distinguish people on how well they take a certain test. It does not guarantee you anything in life.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think people know this. When I said, "I didn't know bright people were productive and dumb people were lazy." I was being sarcastic. I guess I'm not smart enough (or maybe just too lazy) to portray myself as a bright person other than throwing my IQ range out there.

I appreciate the sincerity in your replies. GL w/ your own situation, but you are welcome to sit at my table.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Godot

[/ QUOTE ]
Whatcha waiting for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Long story...