Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-27-2005, 04:42 PM

Default KK, facing two limp callers and a low flop

I dont have stats as my Pokertracker is not with me

$100 NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, December 27, 15:16:57 EDT 2005
Table Table 68504 (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 10

Relevant Stacks
Seat 1: Hero ( $107 )
Seat 8: CO ( $126.25 )
Seat 10: SB ( $90.45 )
Seat 7: LP ( $82.10 )
Seat 9: Button ( $62.50 )

SB posts small blind [$0.50].
Hero posts big blind [$1].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Kd Kh ]

LP calls [$1].
CO calls [$1].
Button calls [$1].
SB calls [$0.50].
Hero raises to [$6].
LP calls [$5].
CO folds.
Button calls [$5].
SB folds.

** Dealing Flop ** [ Ts, 6c, 2h ], 3 Players ($20)

Hero bets [$13].
LP calls [$13].
Button calls [$13]

** Dealing Turn ** [ 4d ] 3 players ($59)

Hero...

Ok, so we can debate whether or not I should of raised more preflop and whether I should of bet more on the flop, but I am happy with the line I took, I bet small expecting LP to raise my flop bet, as he had been very agressive towards me since I sat down, I was hoping to get him to raise and to then get a better read on the button since I was positive LP had a weak hand, It backfired, but oh well.

Having both call me seems weird, there are no good draws on this board, so what am I up against? I thought there was a decent chance one had a set and the other had top pair, but how often do you think my KK is good on this turn?

Given this action what is your play on the turn? Lead, or check, knowing one of them is going to have to bet?
Old 12-27-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: KK, facing two limp callers and a low flop

Wow this is kind of wierd. I'd be thinking AT, 66 or 22 (surely TT raises preflop?). Maybe somebody decided to get tricky with an overpair. I'd bet either check the turn or bet $20. Unless someone pushes, I'm going to see it to a showdown.

I would have bet more on the flop. As is, it looks like an AK continuation bet and maybe they decided to stick around with overcards. IMO big pairs, OOP are not situations to get too fancy with. You need to find out where you are. I make pot sized bets, until somebody plays back at me or something scary like top card pairs the turn or river. If the villains fold, I'm just happy to take it down. If they both call a PSB on the flop, I could check/fold the turn.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:30 PM

I don't like this spot either, however i don't see you being able to get away from it since Button only has 60 to start the hand. If you bet 20 and he raises all in you pretty much cant fold unless he flips his cards over. If you suspect LP has a weak holding i dont mind a check as it allows him to bet and you can see what button does.

Difficult decision but i think i like betting 20 first because then if LP calls w/ AT and button pushes some other hand you can call and LP might call as well, all without ruling out the chance you have the best hand.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont have stats as my Pokertracker is not with me

$100 NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, December 27, 15:16:57 EDT 2005
Table Table 68504 (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 10

Relevant Stacks
Seat 1: Hero ( $107 )
Seat 8: CO ( $126.25 )
Seat 10: SB ( $90.45 )
Seat 7: LP ( $82.10 )
Seat 9: Button ( $62.50 )

SB posts small blind [$0.50].
Hero posts big blind [$1].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Kd Kh ]

LP calls [$1].
CO calls [$1].
Button calls [$1].
SB calls [$0.50].
Hero raises to [$6].
LP calls [$5].
CO folds.
Button calls [$5].
SB folds.

** Dealing Flop ** [ Ts, 6c, 2h ], 3 Players ($20)

Hero bets [$13].
LP calls [$13].
Button calls [$13]

** Dealing Turn ** [ 4d ] 3 players ($59)

Hero...

Ok, so we can debate whether or not I should of raised more preflop and whether I should of bet more on the flop, but I am happy with the line I took, I bet small expecting LP to raise my flop bet, as he had been very agressive towards me since I sat down, I was hoping to get him to raise and to then get a better read on the button since I was positive LP had a weak hand, It backfired, but oh well.

Having both call me seems weird, there are no good draws on this board, so what am I up against? I thought there was a decent chance one had a set and the other had top pair, but how often do you think my KK is good on this turn?

Given this action what is your play on the turn? Lead, or check, knowing one of them is going to have to bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I check this turn and hope to isolate button against his KT or AT (hopefully). If LP bets the turn and button calls I'm done with the hand.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:54 PM

I don't see how you get away from this hand - the board is crap, your overpair looks to have a commanding lead. If somebody hit their trips there's nothing you can do about it. If I'm getting nervous about the hand, I check and call all the way down. I just can't see folding.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If somebody hit their trips there's nothing you can do about it.(...) I just can't see folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

sonner or later you're going to have to get used to it
Old 12-27-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If somebody hit their trips there's nothing you can do about it.(...) I just can't see folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It brings up an interesting question. What are you willing to play for your stack with - TPTK, overpair, 2 pair, trips?

A set is the easy answer, but I'm sure everyone's taken their shots with less.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It brings up an interesting question. What are you willing to play for your stack with - TPTK, overpair, 2 pair, trips?

A set is the easy answer, but I'm sure everyone's taken their shots with less.

[/ QUOTE ]

that depends on when the money goes in and obviously the opponent, AA might be enough many times

PS: You left out big draws, they're huge