Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2004, 03:13 AM

Default **RANT** Which site really has worse suck outs? PS or PP?

I know this is some what of a rant, so please ignore if you wish. But I see people complain about bad beats on Party Poker all the time, saying it is completely unfair and a rigged site.

I have recently joined Poker Stars and have enjoyed the idea behind their $1,$2,$3 MTT tourneys and also tried a few SNG's. I have busted out four days in a row from the MTT's, always at LEAST a 4 to 1 advantage each time. I also have only placed ITM in one SNG, again losing almost everytime to at least a 4 to 1 shot. Granted I have a small sample size, but I am a pretty consistent player at Party Poker and am taking HORRIBLE beat after HORRIBLE beat on Poker Stars.

I do like their structure for tournaments more, but if I were investing more money I would've stopped playing there already.

Will
Old 11-21-2004, 04:37 AM

Default Re: **RANT** Which site really has worse suck outs? PS or PP?

Neither. B&M is most rigged.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:00 PM

I would go one step further and say the game of poker has the worst suckouts, definately worse than monopoly!
~Justin
Old 11-21-2004, 05:58 PM

If you are always a big favorite every time you lose, this is good news, because it means you are consistently getting your money in as a big favorite.

Neither site is rigged. Keep getting your money in as a big favorite and the odds rate to turn in your favor. Don't let the bad beats get to you.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:12 PM

Like 95% of all poker players you just don't get it. Figure this out:

You are not playing solitare here, so everytime you bet with a good hand and get called, somebody is trying to beat you with a worse one. Now here is the tough part - how many times, on average, will you be a 4-1 favorite before somebody beats you?

The thing everybody forgets is that you don't see (or consider) all the times that 4-1, 11-1 or 22-1 hand lost to you along the way before somebody got lucky.

When you understand this, you will like poker more. If you don't understand it, take up chess where the best player wins more often.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2004, 07:14 PM

I welcome all criticism in this thread, some more constructive than others [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. As I warned both in the title and in the first sentence, I realized I was ranting, being upset from having just being knocked out on the bubble losing to a 2 outer on the river. Of course these things happen in poker, and I blame myself for not adding any additional questions that people could have responded to as well to make the thread more productive. I plan on creating a new thread that more articulately states my frustration/questions with Poker Stars tournaments and welcome any further critiques/comments in either thread.

Will
Old 11-21-2004, 07:34 PM

Default Please don\'t start another thread!

You already did your rant. Get over it. Do not start yet another of 20-a-day threads about the fact that you got beat playing poker. Please.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2004, 07:46 PM

who knows? i do play exclusively on Stars ($5 + $.50 SNGs). in the last 3 days, i've lost 6 SNGs all on the river to dominated hands.

*note, i don't play as much as most online players do so my beats (which DO ALWAYS happen over a short period) really piss me off. however, i won't be quitting poker anytime soon. despite those beats, it's nice to see one's understanding of the game increase day after day. i'm a better player for it.*

keep plugging away. i'm not going go as far as saying you're gonna start sucking out on guys with 4 to 1 dogs and even the score but if you're a good player, you're gonna win in the end.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:01 PM

I suggest abandoning tournaments for a while and sticking to ring games. Getting sucked out in a ring game is much less annoying because you can keep playing. Do not play in tournaments again until you are ready to accept bad beats with just a shrug of the shoulder.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I plan on creating a new thread that more articulately states my frustration/questions with Poker Stars tournaments and welcome any further critiques/comments in either thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

God no, 1 was bad enough.