Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 03:58 AM

Default Re: HU SNG ROI

[ QUOTE ]

i'm passive w/ a deep stack, and aggressive with a short stack. But, that's why i'm playing more of these, becaause i dont know what's good.

[/ QUOTE ]

In HU, effective stack is always equal... so you should be more passive when effective stack is deep (i.e. blinds are low and/or you're close in chips) and aggressive when effective stack is short.

Who's the shorty and who's the big stack shouldn't matter much unless you have a very strong edge over your opponent (and you're concerned with ROI and not $/hour), in which case you should play more tightly on the short stack than as a big stack.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:41 AM

I guess. idk I just dont like it. I dont know what it is. I guess I feel like none of the stats will ever be that good cause Ill never play enough of them. But you probally dont need as big a sample size for HU tourneys?
Old 10-18-2005, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But you probally dont need as big a sample size for HU tourneys?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the sample size needed is probably quite small, relatively speaking.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:15 AM

whatever apathy, you suck at heads up. you don't want no piece of him.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've decided my HU game blows chunks, so I'm going to donate at the HU sngs for a while. So I have some clue as to when I've improved enough, What roi would be considered good?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're looking to improve your MTT HU play, i'd guess this is only going to be marginally useful unless you find a site with ~15x stack HU sngs.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:34 AM

Heads up is truly very tough. Did anybody catch that recent heads up match between Sklansky and Chan? I found it strange that Sklansky called off 600K of his stack with KJs so quickly. Also, why does he fold those 45o hands on the button? I thought it was incorrect to fold any two cards preflop???

Indy
Old 10-18-2005, 11:53 AM

come on man. clearly if someone didn't see your tv show, they don't know how big the stacks are. if the stacks are like 10 bajillion with blinds of 100k/200k, calling 600k is trivial, as it is in many other situations. a few hints might help. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

c
Old 10-18-2005, 12:13 PM

HU is interesting. I recently started playing a lot more of them, and my win rate is around 70%, so ROI of ~40% less rake at between $10 and $25. That may or may not be sustainable, of course, but I don't think it can be too far out.

My advice is to be aggressive, especially on the flop, as you want to pick up as many small pots as possible - but try not to commit too many chips to any one hand unless you have a monster. Grind them down.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:23 PM

I thought the title of this thread was in Vietnamese for a second before I realised it was all acronyms.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
come on man. clearly if someone didn't see your tv show, they don't know how big the stacks are. if the stacks are like 10 bajillion with blinds of 100k/200k, calling 600k is trivial, as it is in many other situations. a few hints might help. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

c

[/ QUOTE ]

Blinds are 30k/60k, Chan has a little under 600k before posting the BB and Sklansky has 2.2m. Sklansky picks up KJs and limps, Chan pushes, Sklansky immediately calls.