Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Backdoor draw, fold or call

Table was loose & passive pf. So my question is: Isn't it correct to fold this flop or just go to the river. Not fold the turn right? If I see the turn I need to see the river for 1 bet because the pot is pretty big. I don't really like the way I called and then folded on turn. Any help appreciated. Thanks!
FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, UTG calls, Hero folds.

River: (8.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
Old 11-30-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Backdoor draw, fold or call

Preflop I probably want one more limper to play this so early, but if you were fairly sure it wouldn't be raised behind you then it's fine.

On the flop you've got a backdoor flush draw, worth about 1-1.5 outs, you should have folded.

On the turn you've got 9 outs to the flush, and you're getting 8:1 from the pot, you should have called.

Assuming you screamed and pounded your head on your desk when the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] came down, you played the river right.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:45 PM

I fold this pre-flop, one limper is not enough for this hand.

easy fold on the flop, 1.5 outs at best to a non-nut flush in a small pot!

Mat
Old 11-30-2005, 01:00 PM

Grunch:

Fold pf. This is a really weak hand in the middle of the action.

Flop - fold - small pot with absolutely no odds to a BDF.

Turn - call 8.5 to 1 for your FD.

I think this is a classic case of 2 of the most common LHE errors - poor pf hand selection AND folding when you have pot odds to close the action with your call on the turn.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming you screamed and pounded your head on your desk when the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] came down, you played the river right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless, of course this is Party where A3o just lost to A6o!!
Old 11-30-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grunch:

Fold pf. This is a really weak hand in the middle of the action.

Flop - fold - small pot with absolutely no odds to a BDF.

Turn - call 8.5 to 1 for your FD.

I think this is a classic case of 2 of the most common LHE errors - poor pf hand selection AND folding when you have pot odds to close the action with your call on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok thanks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I pretty much thought this was a bad play.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:55 PM

For all the people saying that Q9s should be folded preflop at a LPP table, I have some advice: smoking crack is -EV. Yes, I'd like a couple more limpers in front of me. Yes, I'd not be overjoyed if it got raised behind me. But no way I'm folding it.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For all the people saying that Q9s should be folded preflop at a LPP table, I have some advice: smoking crack is -EV. Yes, I'd like a couple more limpers in front of me. Yes, I'd not be overjoyed if it got raised behind me. But no way I'm folding it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If table is LP (which OP says it is), and I can expect a few more coming along with little fear of a raise, I would play here as well. But as a default I think it's a fold.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah this is what I certainly do. I think it's so and so pf but the flop was very bad. You play it occasionally but not always.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:13 PM

Maybe your being a bit results oriented. I'm not a big fan of the pre-flop limp. I don't think I would make it with even K9s...but given table conditions, not horrible.

Fold the flop, you have no hand.

On the turn now you've picked up the flush draw and the odds to call.