Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Original UTG raiser had...... get ready..... 22. Mr. 3-bet? Oh, he had QJ offsuit. He took the pot down with Aces full of queens.

3-bet with QJ off. I don't even PLAY THIS HAND from EP. EVER.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had been paying attention, most likely you would have noticed the two "colluding" players were hyperLAGs and would have happily capped preflop. Most likely, they were just two guys having fun. What do you think the other people think when 2+2ers take over a microlimit table for a LAGfest?

Your loss for mucking AKo *IN POSITION* against LAGs.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I folded, and some other dude capped behind me, the original raiser called the 2 extra bets and the other guy called for a 3-way capped pot.

Flop was Q3A.... This annoyed me, but I figured I'm still way behind to AQ, QQ, AA... a pantload of betting ensued, this made me think I made good laydown.

Turn was another Ace... again a pantload of betting ensued and I figured for sure someone had AQ now.

River....ACE... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU**

WTF!!!!!!

The pot ended up to be about 22BB's from what I remember and both the original raiser and the 3-bettor had a showdown.

Original UTG raiser had...... get ready..... 22. Mr. 3-bet? Oh, he had QJ offsuit. He took the pot down with Aces full of queens.

I almost broke something.

Anyway, my session was about break-even for 350 hands so I wasn't that upset.

I guess I will just always cap AKoff preflop even disregarding the fact that someone in UTG+1 has the balls to 3-bet the UTG raiser?

That was my problem. If the raise was from MP, and the 3-bet a couple spots later, I cap this or at least call. But seeing a 3-bet from UTG+1 at a full ring table is pretty scary.

Oh, I forgot the guy who capped PF had KK and also saw the showdown. That's right, UTG called down with 22 against 2 opponents on this board....

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why you cap with AK. Lesson learned.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I folded, and some other dude capped behind me, the original raiser called the 2 extra bets and the other guy called for a 3-way capped pot.

Flop was Q3A.... This annoyed me, but I figured I'm still way behind to AQ, QQ, AA... a pantload of betting ensued, this made me think I made good laydown.

Turn was another Ace... again a pantload of betting ensued and I figured for sure someone had AQ now.

River....ACE... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU**

WTF!!!!!!

The pot ended up to be about 22BB's from what I remember and both the original raiser and the 3-bettor had a showdown.

I almost broke something.

Anyway, my session was about break-even for 350 hands so I wasn't that upset.

I guess I will just always cap AKoff preflop even disregarding the fact that someone in UTG+1 has the balls to 3-bet the UTG raiser?

That was my problem. If the raise was from MP, and the 3-bet a couple spots later, I cap this or at least call. But seeing a 3-bet from UTG+1 at a full ring table is pretty scary.

Oh, I forgot the guy who capped PF had KK and also saw the showdown. That's right, UTG called down with 22 against 2 opponents on this board....

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why you cap with AK. Lesson learned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. You cap AK because you get runner-runner quads and you're always up against weak hands.

There is no lesson here.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:52 PM

i believe the lesson learned is four-fold:

1. learn to play poker
2. don't be results-oriented
3. get reads
4. search for posts about folding AK preflop [edit:] before posting your own
Old 11-11-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. You cap AK because you get runner-runner quads and you're always up against weak hands.

There is no lesson here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The lesson I was referring to was always capping in this situation with AK because you're going to win more than your fair share. This was in reference to his preflop decision which was what THIS ENTIRE POST WAS ABOUT. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop was Q3A....
Turn was another Ace...
River....ACE...
Mr. 3-bet? Oh, he had QJ offsuit. He took the pot down with Aces full of queens.
Oh, I forgot the guy who capped PF had KK and also saw the showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2005, 04:21 PM

Most money is made post flop. And AK is a very good preflop hand at least in limit poker, you should not be folding it even if it is 3-bet or capped to you preflop. At best, you may lose 2-3BB if you miss everything on flop and turn, but as the OP pointed out, he gave up a 20BB pot.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: I folded AKo preflop

any reads?
Old 11-11-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i believe the lesson learned is four-fold:

1. learn to play poker
2. don't be results-oriented
3. get reads
4. search for posts about folding AK preflop [edit:] before posting your own

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Isn't that what we are ALL doing?
2) I'm not being board-results-oriented. I'm being results oriented of the players' hands.
3) In order to "have reads" you need to be results-oriented about previous plays. You cannot come to the conclusion "This guys raises with inferior hands" without previously seeing him raise an inferior hand.
4) Not even gonna respond to this.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop was Q3A....
Turn was another Ace...
River....ACE...
Mr. 3-bet? Oh, he had QJ offsuit. He took the pot down with Aces full of queens.
Oh, I forgot the guy who capped PF had KK and also saw the showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, forgot to go back and correct that. The guy with KK took it down. I had originally forgotten that 3 people saw the showdown.