Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 03:08 AM

Default real simple question. Why play 6 handed?

Like the subject says what's the point of playing 6 handed? Is it simply to be able to open up and play more hands due to the fewer opponents? Doesn't it kinda make their play better since they are less incorrect to play more hands than they are in a full 10 handed game?

I see it's very popular but I don't know what kind of starting hand requirements I should adopt. Is a good way to start to simply adopt a set of starting hands similar to what I would play at a full game and increase the top pair hands by lessening the kicker requirements and play the same drawing hands from late position if there are a few people in to get some odds?

Please let me know. I'm a +3.5BB/100 at full games since I read LLH and have adopted the more agressive style of play advocated. The sample size is only about 5k hands so far though but I'm confident it will stay positive as I have always been a winning player both at limit and no limit since I started playing online.

I would like to find some more lively games than the moderately tight PP .5/1 tables I've been playing lately.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:10 AM

Default Re: real simple question. Why play 6 handed?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a +3.5BB/100 at full games since I read LLH and have adopted the more agressive style of play advocated.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to find some more lively games than the moderately tight PP .5/1 tables I've been playing lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have some issues you need to work out. Read this forum. More
Old 08-28-2005, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a +3.5BB/100 at full games since I read LLH and have adopted the more agressive style of play advocated.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have some issues you need to work out. Read this forum. More

[/ QUOTE ]

Spit out some coke my nose...
Old 08-28-2005, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These two statements mean you are far from ready, and you are probably closer on your way to brokedom.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I would like to find some more lively games than the moderately tight UB 100/200 tables I've been playing lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:49 AM

One of the more recent Card Player magazine articles said the new V3 WLLH was much improved and more aggressive... maybe he has that edition?
Old 08-28-2005, 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

One of the more recent Card Player magazine articles said the new V3 WLLH was much improved and more aggressive... maybe he has that edition?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet it was published after SSH. Do you see why?
Old 08-28-2005, 03:26 PM

Wow! What a friendly place. Thanks for answering the question.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:53 PM

heya, welcome to the forums.

the biggest reason most of us here play short handed is that its alot more profitable. You play more hands than you do at a full ring, and you play more hands in an hour, that equals many more decisions to be made over the same amount of time. If you are a winning player you are making better decisions than your opponents, and the more decisions to be made, the more money you can make.

Its also alot more fun to play SH, since you are playing more ahands, you arent sitting there bored folding as much as at a full ring.

As far as what hands to play do a search for "starting hand chart" in this forum and it will give you a decent guide line to start with.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:40 PM

Thanks Alobar. That's about what I thought and I did find a link to a starting hand raising requirement chart while searching for an answer to this question so I wouldn't have to make this post. I might watch some 6 handed play for a while before I try to transition from full ring game play.

I don't know if I will be able to loosen up enough without feeling uncomfortable. I appreciate the response though.