Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Review on how to play monesters flops.

A live hand from Atlantic city. Here goes
first hand i sit down at 1-2 NL i get AK im under the gun. At the taj you can get in for free so i was delt right away. I raise to 15 and get 4 callers (GOTTA LOVE 1-2) But with fairness to them i would be suspect of someone who just sat down and raised. The flop comes A K A rainbow. So i check my boat. It is checked to the button who bets 30. I smooth call. And the other two fold. The turn is a Q which i think does nothing but help me. Again its rainbow so nothing to worry about. I check to button who bets 60. Again i just smooth call. The river is an 9. This time i knwo i havve to lead out cause i cant run the risk of him checking. The question is how much to bet. The pot is 240. And the guy has about 200 left. So I bet 100? Hows my line good bad where would you gone different. Should i have bet more on the river? Check raised the turn? Turns out the guy called with K 6? The play at these games is horribel i could believe with a board that had a straight a boat and trips possiblle he called with k6? Thats another story the real question was did i get the most out of my monster and what could i have done diff to get more. Comments appreciated.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Review on how to play monesters flops.

i dont understand why you kept stressing the rainbow flop and how you ahd nothing to worry about. with a full house, wouldnt you like a little flush draw in there for someone to chase? hell, i'd want 4 on board. but, i guess you should be happy with the amount you got out of the hand since the guy played the hand horribly and shouldnt have paid you off hardly anything.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Review on how to play monesters flops.

[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand why you kept stressing the rainbow flop and how you ahd nothing to worry about. with a full house, wouldnt you like a little flush draw in there for someone to chase? hell, i'd want 4 on board. but, i guess you should be happy with the amount you got out of the hand since the guy played the hand horribly and shouldnt have paid you off hardly anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stressed it because since there was no flush draw i thought that i couldnt get quite as much as if there was one. It is importend to mention. Because if there was four flush it would make it much more profitbale. and i could bet more.