Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 05:23 AM

Default 2-5 Live, I bluff the ace

Live 2-5, $500 buy-in. I have about 3k. My image is tight, aggressive and good. I don't believe I've showed any bluffs down, maybe one. I've been running very well. I've had quads and a straight flush.

Villain is an idiot. He's stuck about 1k. He had to bitch at the guy running the game to borrow another $500 to buy-in. Currently he has roughly 1k. He is *extremely* loose PF and likes to see the turn post-flop but lets it go if he hasn't hit anything. He will call with ANYTHING PF for nearly any amount. He will bet occasionally with nothing if it's checked to him and he doesn't think anyone else has interest in the pot. I haven't seen him reraise someone without something very good. The one time I have seen him limp-reraise PF, he showed down queens.

I have 3k and villain has a little over 1k. We are playing 6-handed. I've raised the past 2 hands to $50, gotten a caller or two. I won both without going to showdown. I took one down with a flop bet. The other one was against villain and he folded to my turn bet after calling the flop. Villain limps UTG. It's folded to me on the button. I have 66 and raise to $50. Villain reraises to $150. I call.

Flop is A 8 5r
He bets $100 into a $300 pot. I call.

Turn is a 3.
He checks. I bet $300. Good?
Old 07-09-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Re: 2-5 Live, I bluff the ace

where is this game?

fim
Old 07-09-2005, 09:30 AM

When playing against weak players like this its usually best to just control your urges to bluff him out of every pot and just wait for your hands. He probably doesnt have the brains to comprehend what your trying to do anyways, and whats the point of bluffing a guy who you say calls all the time. Weak players make lots of mistakes, jsut sit and wait for him to make them and reap the rewards. Remember, YOU CANT BLUFF AN IDIOT.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:18 AM

It's an underground game in Illinois. It is an AWESOME game. I suck at NL, as you can probably tell from the posts asking newbie questions, but I'm killing it. One hand, guy raises to 30, gets called by 2-3 people. I limp-reraise to 250, TWO people call. One guy had 1k behind and the other had 500 behind (before calling). They had A3s and T9s respectively.

Unfortunately, there's no way I can get away from a 3 9 3 board with queens against those jokers and those stack sizes.