Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Mouse or Man??

Interesting spot.

Playing 10-20 6-max. I pick up AQo in mid position. UTG raises. He is typical 24/14 TA, not a rock, but he is gonna have a legitimate UTG raising hand in this spot, espically considering the BB is a total maniac 65/50 and will most likely auto 3-bet from the BB. UTG+1 donk cold calls. This hand will most likely be 3 or 4 bet w/ at least 4 players. I fold my AQo!!

Good play or should i go buy a dress?? I cannot call because I do not want to be caught in the middle of the coming raising war hoping to flop an A, Q or 2 pair. So my only 2 options really are to 3 bet myself or fold. What do u all think I should have done?
Old 11-19-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Mouse or Man??

Easy 3-bet. Your equity in this situation is good plus you will probably get paid off by the LAG when you hit.

P.S. change seats to get directly on the left of the LAG when you get the chance.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
should i go buy a dress??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
Mouse or Man??

[/ QUOTE ]

Mouse.

If he is raising the top 11% of his hands preflop, which is 77+, A9s+, KTs+, QJs, ATo+, KQo, and seems somewhat reasonable, you have 52% equity. With the cold caller along for the ride with 99-77, ATs-A8s, KJs-K9s, Q9s+, JTs, AJo ,KJo+, you have 36% equity, plus position, plus initiative.

Note: ranges may be different, but not all that much, and you still have initiative, position, and at worst a very slight equity deficiency, but normally an equity edge.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good play or should i go buy a dress??

[/ QUOTE ]