Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 07:59 AM

Default What do you think about this push

On the flop, I knew exactly that theman had three of a kind. And if I go all in I know I will double my stack if I win, or at best TRIPLE it when there was 3 on the flop. I had OESD and a pair. So here it goes:
The blinds are 20/40, level 2.
I got stack around t1230
My opponents theman around t3200
and heman t1050~.
I call t40 with [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K, folds to heman
heman calls t40
theman is on bb and checks.
Flop is T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
theman bets t40, I raise it to t100, heman calls and theman raises to t300~. I go all in, they both call.
Theman flips QQ as I assumed (well now my JJ is no use) and heman K9o
turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
river: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Finished 7th.

So, what do you think about my push? Was it worth it?
Old 08-26-2005, 08:04 AM

Default Re: What do you think about this push

He will pay you anyway if you hit your straight. Don't be the one putting in money as the underdog.

Also, although your read was good, remember that there is not much difference between a read of QQ and a read of AK here.
I would personally be waiting for a better spot, but given that your read is good, try to keep it cheap until you are ahead.

[ QUOTE ]
Finished 7th.

So, what do you think about my push? Was it worth it?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 08-26-2005, 08:09 AM

A little confusing hand

First of all id fold pre flop

I cant see how you can put your opponent on trips when he checked on the BB pre flop and the read you have on him is surely limited anyway?

The more likely hand theman is holiding here is two pair or maybe a flush draw. Heman maybe a draw/top pair

You are pushing here on a draw and I wouldnt put my tourney on the line in this situation, especially as there is a flush draw.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A little confusing hand

First of all id fold pre flop

I cant see how you can put your opponent on trips when he checked on the BB pre flop and the read you have on him is surely limited anyway?

The more likely hand theman is holiding here is two pair or maybe a flush draw. Heman maybe a draw/top pair

You are pushing here on a draw and I wouldnt put my tourney on the line in this situation, especially as there is a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, thanks for the feedback. The read I got was from his previous plays. Well now I've learned a new thing, so I won't put so many chips in like this (if any) thanks!