Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Heads up quads vs quads.

This is a pretty funny hand that happened to me last night with a friend.

We were playing a heads up tournament, just $25 each and 60 chips a piece with 1/2 chip blinds. This was the FIRST (and last) hand dealt.

I was in the big blind. My opponent raised it up on the button for 5 more. I re-raised 6 more, ( I told myself that the first pot we played, I was going to play very aggressive almost reguardless of my cards) and he called.
(I'll tell you what our hands were at the end.)

The flop came 3 3 4. I raised 8 chips and my opponent just called. The turn was another 4, for a board of 3 3 4 4. I bet again, another 8 chips. Again, the button called. Now, the river came - 4, for a final board of 3 3 4 4 4. Now, I couldve done many things here, but I just bet 8 chips again. Now my opponent called and went all-in. I quickly called and fliped over the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. My opponent held pocket 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]! Ouch!

Any thoughts on this hand? I think one could question the smooth calls of my opponent after the flop and turn, and probably my play as well. Of course, I didnt put him on quads, and my hand just kept improving. Thanks in advance for any sincere replies!
Old 07-10-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Heads up quads vs quads.

is this one of those, reverse bad beat posts I keep hearing about?
Old 07-10-2005, 07:12 PM

I guess there's nothing in the forum rules against you posting this. I have a similar story in which KK limped allowing me to see a flop with 93o from the big blind. The flop came K9x, I bet and was only called by top set. Turn was another 9, I bet and was raised, so I 3-bet and was capped. The river was the last 9 and my opponent wisely only called my river check-raise. He was none too pleased.

But I digress, this forum is about helping each other learn and grow as players. Please at least say in the title that your post is of low content. There really isn't anything insightful about your story, sorry.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:09 PM

sorry, im new to this forum and wasnt aware there even was rules and stuff. your right there isnt much to this story. i have seen some pretty useless and sarcastic responses to other posts, so i guess i didnt catch on. i will make my posts about things of more poker value from now on! thanks for the heads up! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2005, 03:04 AM

I think that was a cool post.

Being the first AND last hand of a Heads-up Match with a friend, it's pretty unique.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:36 AM

did you forget to shuffle after a game of gin?