Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Suited connectors.

[ QUOTE ]
This is a hand i recently played in a local $3/$6 NLH game.

We were down to just 3 players, and i was dealt the 10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the small blind. The button called and raised $15. He had been jacking it up every pot, and I had been waiting for a hand to catch him with. The BB called and raised all-in for $25 more. This disheartened me for a second, but i figured that if the dealer called, then I would too hoping to catch a flop and win a big pot. Well, he did, and I did - knowing that I had the worst hand going in. The flop came 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , and i didn't want to mess around with the hand at all, so I moved in on the button for my stack. He folded, the all-in BB flipped over A K and I hit my flush on 4th.

This is a simple hand but I really felt good after it. This is "The Doyle Brunson system" hard at work, if I ever did see it. Don't be afraid to get in there and gamble with hands that have potential to tear up a good number of flops. I would've felt sick had I folded that hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should post this in Mid-High or HUSH.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:09 PM

yes.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:21 PM

I think that the call was correct and not maniacal because with so much money in the post and having a hand that plays well in miltiway pots he probably had implied odds to make the call unless he knew for a fact that he was against a big pair.

I would have made a normal bet on the flop. At best, big pair without spades calls you and you hit but most everyone else folds and you do not get to win a nice sidepot in addition to the main pot.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:57 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ] Not in mid-high at least. Posting here was correct imo.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:16 PM

I have a feeling Doyle wouldn't like being associated with the play of this hand. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Preflop, yeah sure. No problems there, but the move all in on the flop is pretty bad. You got top pair, and a flush draw in a three handed game. You are heads up in a side pot with a maniac. You can check raise, or check/call, check raise the turn. You can bet small the flop, hope for a call; and then when that turn comes to make your flush--CHECK (and being you are in a BM, shake your head and roll your eyes and sigh, and maybe even say, I can't believe you hit another flush on me [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]) and then raise him all in if he bets.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:08 PM

You don't have much in the way of implied odds when you put 1/3 of your stack in preflop. That's a pretty gross violation of the 5/10 rule.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Not in mid-high at least. Posting here was correct imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a jopke.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:55 PM

actually, 29% of my chips were in before the flop. this is higher than i usually play. but you ahve to realize that the fact that i was already in for the 15 bet, i was intending on playing this hand, and i wasnt going to let a bet like this run me out of a hand that could be very profitable for me. folding here after calling a bet of 15 and the big blind would be weak, passive poker - not a style that i play. the only question i could see here was my all in after the flop... but a 100 bet into a 138 pot in that situation was a strong, justifiable move. sure i was announcing strength - when i had strength. this could have easily induced a weak call based on the preflop action, it wouoldve been a strong bluffing spot for me to secure the button's dead money and just have to hold off the player already all-in. that is what i intended to do and thats what happened, and i wasnt complaing with the pot size.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:05 PM

you don't have enough of a stack to get paid off when you hit a hand that you like.

you really ought to learn how to play poker rather than buying in short to a game over your skill level.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:29 PM

you are my new favorite troll. please keep it up whoever you are.

fim