Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Question about my Won $ WSF numbers (not quite a stat post)

Hey all,

I've recently knocked out my first 10k hands at 1/2 and have a question regarding my Won $ WSF stat.

My time at 1/2 began in my first ever large downswing (-120BB). I had a bankroll of over 2k and was very objective in analyzing my play during the time. I concluded that I was playing fine and was getting the [censored] end the variance stick so I didn't drop back down to 0.5/1. I was in the red and then hovering around 0BB/100 until 6k hands.

The last 4k hands things straightened out a bit and I managed to pull out of this with a 2.6BB/100 winrate.

Now to the point of my post....

After reading the FAQ I see that a Won $ WSF above 35 most likely means you've been "running well". Well, as I explained above, I certainly wasn't running that great over these 10k hands, so I'm trying to figure out why this number is so high.

I see the Won $ At SD is also quite high, so I'm guessing that may have something to do with it.

Any comments appreciated.

Cheers,
TJ
Old 07-10-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Question about my Won $ WSF numbers (not quite a stat post)

You're folding too much and that's driving both W$WSF and W$ASD up.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:21 PM

Are you referring to preflop? I thought of that originally because I'm still working on loosening up. But as you see, I was even tighter in the 0.5/1 stats so I don't see how that is responsible.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:23 PM

Well I didn't even look at preflop, but yeah you're ridiculously low. Getting to a 20/12 would be good.

I was referring to your WTSD numbers.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:31 PM

I was following the Faq pretty closely I guess, which said a WSD in the range of 28-32 is good. Since I'm right in the middle with 30, I didn't suspect that.

You're saying I should work on getting that around the 32 mark?

I'm having such a hard time getting the VPIP up. I don't know which hands I should be adding. I think I'm sticking pretty closely to SSHE's tight games chart and of course tossing in or removing some other hands given the action. Would adding a few single gap suited cards in MP or LP help here (Hands like 10,8s)?

I'm fairly certain just getting that VPIP up will put everything else in line.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After reading the FAQ I see that a Won $ WSF above 35 most likely means you've been "running well". Well, as I explained above, I certainly wasn't running that great over these 10k hands, so I'm trying to figure out why this number is so high.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are probably at least two effects in play.

1) You are running well. Even though you may not feel it, 2.58 BB/100 playing at sub-16 VPIP is probably running above where it should be.

2) You are far too tight preflop. Your W$SD number goes up as your starting hand requirement goes up. The reason is that you enter pots with a significantly large advantage over everyone else. This mean your hands hold up more often and your good flops are better than everyone else.