Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 10:41 PM

Default GWB is a man of true political deadness

Congrats GWB. Your opposition hates you. You just alienated your base. Poor people who were poor because of hand outs just lost their homes and your answer is to give them new ones and more handouts. That's a fine idea, no one is going to reject rebuilding NO. But, where is the money going to come from? Next thing you know, you'll be raising taxes for your handouts. There is no economic plan here, just more handouts.

I'm so livid I can't even think straight. GWB may as well have put a gun in his mouth tonight and pulled the trigger. I don't know, maybe there is something brilliant that is going to be revealed here, that I just can't see. Maybe the lefties have been right all along and I should start calling him chimpy. I'm too wound up right now to come up with any kind of intelligent position.

Que lefties saying "I told you so."

X
Old 09-15-2005, 10:53 PM

Default Re: GWB is a man of true political deadness

Agreed, that was pandering at it's worst.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats GWB. Your opposition hates you. You just alienated your base. Poor people who were poor because of hand outs just lost their homes and your answer is to give them new ones and more handouts. That's a fine idea, no one is going to reject rebuilding NO. But, where is the money going to come from? Next thing you know, you'll be raising taxes for your handouts. There is no economic plan here, just more handouts.

I'm so livid I can't even think straight. GWB may as well have put a gun in his mouth tonight and pulled the trigger. I don't know, maybe there is something brilliant that is going to be revealed here, that I just can't see. Maybe the lefties have been right all along and I should start calling him chimpy. I'm too wound up right now to come up with any kind of intelligent position.

Que lefties saying "I told you so."

X

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2005, 11:04 PM

Hey Exsub,

We have had our differences in the past, but I truly respect this post and your ability to think outside of party lines and avoid the 'circle the wagons' mentality.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:13 PM

Be prepared to start respecting a lot of other Republicans, then. The wagons are going to scatter. I'm not even sure Limbaugh can shrug this off with some spin. I don't even know if Rove can spin this.

X
Old 09-15-2005, 11:14 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

your Avatar.

X
Old 09-16-2005, 12:54 AM

I am flabbergasted. For once I am at a loss for words. That pretty much sums up my reaction to that speech.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:02 AM

Jax?

BGC?

Felix?
Old 09-16-2005, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jax?

BGC?

Felix?

[/ QUOTE ]

Drowning their sorrows at the Terminal Bar [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Frank
Old 09-16-2005, 03:48 AM

I missed it. What was so bad about it?