Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Easy Habit for Free Money

I'm going to always sit in the Top-Left corner seat of every Party-skin game I ever play from now on.

The reason this is going to be free money for me, and for you, is that you are going to do the same.

If that particular seat is taken at a given table, don't grab a different seat, leave the table and sit at another table in the same corner.

There have been days when I find myself playing with 2-3 other 2+2ers, and the sharkfest has to -EV...

Spread the word to other good STT players.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:31 PM

Default Re: Easy Habit for Free Money

i sit in the corners so when i 8 table all the seats im at lie right at the middle of each screen so cant help ya there.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:26 AM

if there were only 10 2+2ers id be happy to join in...
Old 10-08-2005, 12:29 AM

I can look into the soul of 2+2ers and my spitecalls with K7s work at least 25% of the time.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:31 AM

Free blinds in seats 7 and 8...
Old 10-08-2005, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There have been days when I find myself playing with 2-3 other 2+2ers, and the sharkfest has to -EV...

[/ QUOTE ]

What you mention is a good idea, but it is so hard to get ANY seat sometimes the way the software (doesn't) work.

Anywho, 2-3 sharks do not make for a -EV. It might be less +EV than 0-1 other shark, but certainly not -EV.

You could actually have 5 sharks and still be +EV.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:39 AM

I agree, its not really -EV to have more good players at the table.

But, I personally want to take every little, tiny, FREE, edge I can possibly find, if it takes little to no effort on my part.

I have noticed that I need to play a "less than optimal" game when there are 2+ other 2+2ers at my table. I still have fun and learn and so on, but I definately make changes to my game that I would rather not.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:46 AM

I have recently come up with a method for placing my tables that may, or may not be interesting to you. I move them around periodically in order to "sort" them by "urgency".

I start them all out, placed anywhere, until a table has a significant change in my stack size or in the # of players at the table. So if 1 of my tables gets down to say 5-6 players and a stack of 500-600 chips, it goes in the top left, to signify the increased importance of each decision on that table. If I double-up on a table, that one typically goes to the bottom-right since I have more cushion there.

Obviously I try to make all my best decisions on all the tables, but when things get hectic, and several tables are going off on me, I know where to focus. Also, it makes smaller scale, LP blind steals easier, and tends to put tables where I am likely to get involved for all/most of my chips, in the upper-left "urgent" area.

So I end up moving tables around 5-10 times throughout a set, takes no time, and really simplifies things now that I am accustomed to my set up.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:24 PM

So far, so good.

I have been having a very nice break from sharkfests for the last few days. I have also been noticing that the #9 seat is more and more often the one to be filled first at a new table.

The downside has been the additional time it takes me to start a full set. I estimate it now takes me 2-3 minutes to fill a set of 6 new tables, up from 45-90 seconds previously, when I used to grab any convenient seat.

I'm definitely going to stick with it, so far I have counted 5 instances where I left a table where a pro I recognized was in "my chair".

For any non-converts out there, think about how much money I made by not having that pro with me on the bubble and ITM, just from those 5 instances. The benefit will only increase as more of us switch over to the "free money" seating method.