Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Brian Billick is bush league

[ QUOTE ]
What, exactly, are you so angry about? It's just not a big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not angry, just wondering why a coach like Brian Billick can't show a little grace when the other team has hammered him and is pulling off the dogs.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:29 PM

Not being shut out is important.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not angry, just wondering why a coach like Brian Billick can't show a little grace when the other team has hammered him and is pulling off the dogs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it kind of arrogant to throw a bunch of second stringers out there and expect the other team to just surrender?

I didn't see the end of the game, but are you telling me that the Colts started taking a knee when there was still enough time on the clock for their opponents to have another possession?
Old 09-12-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it kind of arrogant to throw a bunch of second stringers out there and expect the other team to just surrender?

I didn't see the end of the game, but are you telling me that the Colts started taking a knee when there was still enough time on the clock for their opponents to have another possession?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Colts got the ball (inside Baltimore territory, I believe) with like 1:40 left in the game. They'd been moving the ball very well through the entire second half, and were up 24-0. Dungy decided to call the dogs off and Billick decided he hadn't had enough.

So yeah, there was plenty of time for another posession, but it wasn't changing a thing.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you name any coach who would simply roll over and not try and score when they're getting smoked? What is he supposed to do, run out the clock? They'd have his head in Baltimore. I'm not a Billick fan by any means, but not for this reason. You try and score and the onside kick as many times as you possibly can.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He was obviously mad that Billick's timeouts caused a delay in his post-game gay butt sex

[/ QUOTE ]

Culpepper was waiting for him. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 05:53 PM

totally disagree. of course the game is over but he needs to make the game at least somewhat productive. So give the replacement QB some valuable real time experience. Think of it as practice++.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:58 PM

1. points scored is a playoff tiebreaker
2. Wright probably got very little work in because Boller needed all the reps he can get.

So why was trying to score bush league again?
Old 09-12-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
totally disagree. of course the game is over but he needs to make the game at least somewhat productive. So give the replacement QB some valuable real time experience. Think of it as practice++.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think a 7-year vet who was responsible for the best comeback in your franchise's history two seasons ago doesn't really need that much more "real-time experience" but I guess I can see the argument. Doesn't change my mind that when you're being beaten so badly and the dogs are called off, you let it go. There's always week 2.

BTW, I would also say the Colts, had they chosen to run it up, would have been wrong. Game was over, it wasn't like the Ravens were coming back any time soon. Does their TD against the Indy second/third string defense give them some more pride?
Old 09-12-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think a 7-year vet who was responsible for the best comeback in your franchise's history two seasons ago doesn't really need that much more "real-time experience" but I guess I can see the argument. Doesn't change my mind that when you're being beaten so badly and the dogs are called off, you let it go. There's always week 2.

BTW, I would also say the Colts, had they chosen to run it up, would have been wrong. Game was over, it wasn't like the Ravens were coming back any time soon. Does their TD against the Indy second/third string defense give them some more pride?

[/ QUOTE ]

NIT