Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 12:56 AM

Default AQ TPTK with action on flop

Friday Special, blinds 10/20. I have T900, opponents have similar. Frequent limper limps in 3rd position, SB completes. I am BB with AQo. I check. I think I should have raised.

Flop comes Q85 with a 2-flush. I don't have any of the suit. SB bets out 60 (pot). I flat call. Limper raises to 230. SB folds. What should I do?
Old 09-24-2005, 01:33 AM

Default Re: AQ TPTK with action on flop

[ QUOTE ]
Friday Special, blinds 10/20. I have T900, opponents have similar. Frequent limper limps in 3rd position, SB completes. I am BB with AQo. I check. I think I should have raised.

Flop comes Q85 with a 2-flush. I don't have any of the suit. SB bets out 60 (pot). I flat call. Limper raises to 230. SB folds. What should I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would move allin, no question.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:39 AM

definitely should have raised flop but since you called I would push over the top.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:58 AM

I pushed. Villain called with Q5s for 2 pair. I had a 27% chance on the flop.

I felt real stupid that I had busted out like a fish, pushing with TPTK the 2nd round. I feel better that everyone else would do that.

To be results oriented, it seems like the only way I could have avoided busting or losing a big pot without a showdown would be to get villain to fold preflop, which probably would not be easy.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I pushed. Villain called with Q5s for 2 pair. I had a 27% chance on the flop.

I felt real stupid that I had busted out like a fish, pushing with TPTK the 2nd round. I feel better that everyone else would do that.

To be results oriented, it seems like the only way I could have avoided busting or losing a big pot without a showdown would be to get villain to fold preflop, which probably would not be easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't bust out like a fish!!! Sometimes you are going to be eliminated early in the tournament without the nuts. You have to gamble in some situatons to win MTTs.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:06 PM

those suited fish can't be knocked out preflop with any reasonable raise,i've had the last 5 flush draws hit against me with an over pair to the flop,or a hand like yours with tptk,with good size pre flop raises,just to get that suited junk beat me,hope the odds start to return in my favour,i'm sure they will,just gotta take those beats and move on! frustrating though,i hear ya!