Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Playing Poker Stars Satellites

Is there an amount, whether it be a ratio or otherwise, that you would not consider paying for the addon?

Assume this is the $11r for the $500k entry.

My thoughts are if I have slightly more than 1000 chips near the end of the rebuy period, you can do one of two things.

1) Huck your chips in the middle and hope to double up
2) Huck an amount of chips in the middle so that I have exactly 1000 chips so that I can rebuy.

Anyhow, it almost seems worthless to have less than 3500 chips after the rebuy period. Perhaps I need to figure out a time where need to recognize my sunk cost is not worth chasing.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Playing Poker Stars Satellites

I'd always add on. No matter what. Even if I had 78 million chips after the rebuy, I'd still add on.

Why? Cause it's the right thing to do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My thoughts are if I have slightly more than 1000 chips near the end of the rebuy period, you can do one of two things.

2) Huck an amount of chips in the middle so that I have exactly 1000 chips so that I can rebuy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually choose #1 and start going all in with every hand when there is 5min to go and I have a small stack.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 11-11-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually choose #1 and start going all in with every hand when there is 5min to go and I have a small stack.

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Generally speaking, Ten high is good against my range
Old 11-11-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you rebuy if you bust this late? I've been wondering if it's worth it to rebuy after busting on the very last hand of the rebuy period. I always do, but I'm not certain it's correct.

It might be, because you can't immediately jump to another one of these. I'm guessing it comes down to hourly rate instead of roi, but I'd love to hear thoughts.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:47 PM

i think that in the turbos its incorrect to make a double rebuy if you bust late in the rebuy period... but this goes with my conception of stack size theory, which is obviously "retarded". but if anyone cares, i'm pretty sure its best to only take 1 rebuy in those spots.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think that in the turbos its incorrect to make a double rebuy if you bust late in the rebuy period... but this goes with my conception of stack size theory, which is obviously "retarded". but if anyone cares, i'm pretty sure its best to only take 1 rebuy in those spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bite, why?
Old 11-12-2005, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'll bite, why?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-12-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you rebuy if you bust this late? I've been wondering if it's worth it to rebuy after busting on the very last hand of the rebuy period. I always do, but I'm not certain it's correct.

It might be, because you can't immediately jump to another one of these. I'm guessing it comes down to hourly rate instead of roi, but I'd love to hear thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really not that deep Atticus, if I'm playing a rebuy sat its not because of hourly rate or roi, it usually because nothing else interests me and I had the time to play, and I can always use T$.

I go to the felt and then rebuy because that is the way I can get the most chips at the break, and if I have a 4K-5K stack at the break, I still know I can get the seat.

That, and giving up never seems right to me (even if it costs another $20 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 11-12-2005, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I was thinking about this, and it seems like it's pretty much even $ no matter how you look at it. If you choose option 2, it costs you $10 every time. And if you choose option 1, it costs you $20 every other time (hopefully).

BTW, what does your stacksize need to be, pre addon, for you not to take this types of gambools?