Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 07-01-2005, 02:50 AM

Default Summer of [censored]

I've decided that I am going to focus this summer of poker to actually change my standard of living for the better. The summer of [censored] starts on July 1 and runs through the end of September.

Where I am at now.

I was being staked at 5/10 6max where I was winning at a little under 2bb/100 over 30k hands but the stake deal was not very good so I decided to go back on my own.

I currently play 6max 25NL. I've played this game for over a year now and win $25/hr + rake since Jan (150k+ hands)

My goal is to work my way back to 5/10 where I want to make $100hr including rake.

I plan on going from the 25NL tables to 3/6 6max to 5/10.

Each week I want to get in 10K hands. On those weeks I miss my goal I will get a minimum of 5k hands. My biggest problem seems to be going a week to two at a time without playing at all, so the 5k minimum is important.

Along with poker goals I want to work on few other things as the summer of [censored] is about good times on and off the tables as well as being well rounded. I want to find a hobby or activity of some sort, get out more and work seriously on my novel.

Goal 1, is to put in 25k hands of 25NL. Doing that will get me to the 3/6 6max tables.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Summer of [censored]

it seems like you're a proven winner at 5-10

i'm drunk, but i'm also thinking about staking you

hit me back
Old 07-01-2005, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it seems like you're a proven winner at 5-10

i'm drunk, but i'm also thinking about staking you

hit me back

[/ QUOTE ]

I think getting a deal with Klepton would be better than playing 25 NL.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to find a hobby or activity of some sort, get out more and work seriously on my novel .

[/ QUOTE ]

Very cool - what's the topic/idea/whatever? Or is it [censored]? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2005, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I want to find a hobby or activity of some sort, get out more and work seriously on my novel .

[/ QUOTE ]

Very cool - what's the topic/idea/whatever? Or is it [censored]? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a fantasy type setting similar to Lord of the Rings.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:12 AM

Default No real content reply....

Oh that novel you've been working on for how long now? Yes, how are things coming with that?? You got a nice main character? He fall into some difficult to overcome situation which in the end he winds up better for having been in it? You got a richly developed supporting cast? Yup, in that novel you've been working on for how long now? It's going well, the novel everyone's been hearing about work on for three years? Almost ready for publication?

Sorry, if any of you saw the new Family Guy last Sunday you might get a laugh, otherwise this makes absolutely no sense. Either way, in all seriousness good luck with your goals.

Take care,
Matt
Old 07-01-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: No real content reply....

[ QUOTE ]
Oh that novel you've been working on for how long now? Yes, how are things coming with that?? You got a nice main character? He fall into some difficult to overcome situation which in the end he winds up better for having been in it? You got a richly developed supporting cast? Yup, in that novel you've been working on for how long now? It's going well, the novel everyone's been hearing about work on for three years? Almost ready for publication?

Sorry, if any of you saw the new Family Guy last Sunday you might get a laugh, otherwise this makes absolutely no sense. Either way, in all seriousness good luck with your goals.

Take care,
Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

haha nh
Old 07-01-2005, 12:52 PM

NOBODY CARES
Old 07-01-2005, 01:16 PM

A) Best of luck

B) When you typed out this post, did you actually type "[censored]", or just a swear word like f[/i]uck, that got censored?
Old 07-01-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
B) When you typed out this post, did you actually type "[censored]", or just a swear word like f[/i]uck, that got censored?

[/ QUOTE ]

A better question is: did you originally try to make your forum name a swear word that was censored?