Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 05:18 AM

Default Re: Curtains Hand - Too Weak?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can I just throw out the obvious and ask why not bet the flop?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you're going to get called.

[/ QUOTE ]

And we don't want that?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd hate getting called here. You have a mediocre hand on a draw heavy board and will have NO idea where you stand on the turn. In addition to all of that, you're swelling the pot so it will be more expensive to see a showdown.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:35 AM

btw I think this is an obvious check behind on the flop. Also I fold the flop to a single pot sized bet. This is not a good flop for my hand. It's not a "bad" flop, but definitely not good against 4 opponents in a sit and go format.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:37 AM

i can see folding to a pot sized bet easily, its just hard for me not to bet, but after reading from bones about you being called it does make sense, thanks for the replies
Old 12-20-2005, 05:38 AM

Basically if you bet its very hard for anything good to happen. Best case is of course everyone folding. Often you will get checkraised and have to fold. If you get called and you often will get called in multiple places) there are about a billion unpleasant turn/river cards, and the pot is getting extremely large. Even a 9 isn't golden or anything.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:46 AM

If your going to check the flop i think you have to bet the trun. A 3/4 pot sized bet should let you take it down, obviously fold to any c/r. If your called by J-9 or A/K T then you can always check behind the river. Its worth taking a shot at.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:46 AM

There is a 4 straight on the board and Im betting against 4 opponents? Betting the turn into 4 opponents is suicidal IMO.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a 4 straight on the board and Im betting against 4 opponents? Betting the turn into 4 opponents is suicidal IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I failed to notice the turn set up the 4 stright, Id have to agree to then check fold. I still think my line is to bet a safe card on the turn if im checking the flop. Id make it small enough that I can easily get away from it. Mabye is just more of my aggressive style. Most importantly you cannot donk away your chips on suck a weak hand on a draw heavy board.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:34 AM

i bet the flop
on the turn if there are still 2+ players left i c/f all the way.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I failed to notice the turn set up the 4 stright, Id have to agree to then check fold. I still think my line is to bet a safe card on the turn if im checking the flop. Id make it small enough that I can easily get away from it. Mabye is just more of my aggressive style. Most importantly you cannot donk away your chips on suck a weak hand on a draw heavy board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too would bet the turn to a safe card. Failing to bet after 2 checks with one card to come, is really too weak.